twenty-three

a song written easily
chapter twenty-three - last chance

Four days had passed. Tonight is the last time the boys can perform before they have to leave Regulus tomorrow morning. The time they spent in Regulus was healing in many more ways than they expected. The boys, especially Seoho and Hwanwoong often went next to the tree where Gaia's portal is. They would sit there for hours on end singing and humming to the girls' favourite songs.

"Okay guys, this our last chance. Let's hope it works." Ravn gathered the boys together on the beach this time as they performed "A Song Written Easily" for the last time in Regulus.

"The breakup lyrics, the breakups songs, they all sound like my story." - 𝐗𝐢𝐨𝐧

"As I walk away, I remember your hands full of warmth... The sad songs we listened to as we walked, I don't even want to listen to them it's hard. I keep saying that I miss you. I pray that you whom I wish for will come to me." - 𝐋𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐨

"I have a lot to say to you. As I wrote them down, one by one, they became lyrics." - 𝐊𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐡𝐞𝐞

"This is like a timeline that chronicled the moments we loved. It's like a movie with one scene and two scenes. In the end, it's a sad ending... Sometimes when I come to your mind, will you listen to this song?" - 𝐇𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠

"... I'm staying up all night with tears. No I'm burning the night with the lyrics of you. So if you're listening to this, just come back to me, I won't say anything. I miss you to death. I will sing for you always..." - 𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐧

"If by any chance you're listening to this song somewhere, know that this is a song simply written while thinking of you." - 𝐒𝐞𝐨𝐡𝐨

Sweat trickled down the faces of the six boys. Except that it wasn't just sweat, they were crying. The boys fell to the floor and stared at the sunset. Their love for the girls is more complicated than any other love in the entire universe. Their love is forbidden love. It wasn't supposed to happen but it eventually did. Though it is seen as a mistake in many people's eyes. The boys would never be able to think badly of their encounter with the girls.

"Kids, let's go. We need to help Jihyeon prepare dinner." Seoho gathered the younger members as they walked towards the house.

Dinner went by surprisingly rather quickly. The atmosphere in the room though was extremely dense. The boys were extremely unhappy and Jihyeon could see that. She wanted to comfort them but she also knew that nothing would make them happier. Nothing can help soothe forbidden love.

After dinner, the six boys went back out to the beach and sat down next to each other looking far into the night sky. "Hyung, do you think they heard us?" Hwanwoong softly mumbled to the older boy. Leedo turned and looked at him, "Maybe." The night sky was super clear. No clouds.

The skies in Regulus were exceptionally pretty, especially at night. It was a greyish purple colour with a lot of stars encompassing the whole sky. "Do you think the 야행성 (yahaengseong) star is up there tonight?" Keonhee pulled his knees towards his chest and hugged it tightly while looking up towards the sky. 

They were all praying for the appearance of the star. Though they didn't know what it looked like, what matters is that the star must appear so the girls can get their message. Though the night was still young, the boys were rushed off to bed by Ravn as they had a music show appearance the next day on Earth.

"I miss you too Seoho..."

author's note : this is the second last part of the story omg ngl i'm emotional :') once the last part drops, i'll have info about book 2 out too ;)