twenty-two

a song written easily
chapter twenty-two - failed attempts

The boys were walking around Regulus before they finally found a spot that they found perfect to perform at. They looked at each other and were just about to start performing when Xion saw Jihyeon running towards them. She was wearing a long flowy white dress with a sheer white coat.

"If they receive your message, you will find a flower appearing before you. Don't worry about mixing up the flowers, if your corresponding girl sees your message, a flower will appear in front of you and you only." 

The boys nodded and thanked Jihyeon for being so helpful. She really could've just not helped them at all but she felt like this all is partially her fault so she was really trying hard to right her wrongs.

"I'm going to stay here. I can do something to help enhance the chances of the 야행성 (yahaengseong) star." Jihyeon snapped her fingers and out came a flute.

The flute was crystal clear with a slight blue tint, it looked magical. She started playing the flute and it sounded so much like ONEWE's Regulus. The boys then started dancing and singing to 'A Song Written Easily'.

Hwanwoong looked up at the sky as he sang the song. He really hoped Jiwon would be able to hear him somehow. He really missed her...

After repeating the song for about three times, the boys had decided to take a break and head back into the house. "You guys hungry?" Jihyeon brought a jar of biscuits and drinks out from her kitchen to the boys in the living room.

For the next couple of hours, the boys had spent the time talking to Jihyeon as she explained how Gaia and Earth used to be one huge world together with Regulus. However thousands of years ago, there was a civil war splitting the two worlds apart. Since then, Gaia and Earth lived as separate worlds with Regulus serving as it's middle ground.

The main reason why the boys didn't know about Gaia and Regulus is because their ancestors agreed to not let the future generation continue the hatred so the legacy was never passed down. Only the Kim family, the time keepers, know this story.

"But how does that have anything to do with the rings we're born with?" Xion took a sip of his milk and looked at Jihyeon. She explained that the rings were the creation of the Kim family, specifically the first generation of time keepers. They wanted Gaia and Earth to still have an unexplainable connection and so the rings were created to bond two humans from both worlds together.

Gaia and Earth had also gradually evolved into oppostes of each other. A male on Earth had a female on Gaia as his pair and they are practically almost the same person being born on the same day, place, growing up in the same hometown. And eventually working the same job in the same company.

Those two humans were then each other's soulmates but they are never supposed to meet because the bond formed between the two is too strong to break and certainly is dangerous to the peace between Gaia and Earth. But the boys had met theirs. They met TO HEART....

The next day, the boys woke up early in the morning before the sun rose and went to the same location to perform again. "Do you think the 야행성 (yahaengseong) star will appear today? Do you think they can hear us?" The boys repeatedly asked each other questions that clearly none of them had answers to. Soon, the backing track started and the boys began performing.

The sun slowly began to rise as the boys were halfway through the song. The lyrics really hit the boys hard in the feelings as they all shed tears while dancing. They really missed the girls....