f o u r

It was a Friday evening and I was in the middle of finishing my English homework when I heard a knock on my door, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as to who would be at the door

Grace was at the Gallagher's with Debbie, grandma was gone to bingo early to get a good seat. I walked down the hallway from the kitchen and pulled the door open, Ian stood there with a packet of cigarettes in his hand.

"Hey Ian, what are you doing here?" I asked leaning against the door frame.

"There's a party tonight, me and Lip are going thought you might want to tag along?"

"I'm sure Lip really wanted me to tag along, I don't know I have homework to do still-" I rambled trying to find a reason to get out of it.

"Homework? You're really going to dodge a party for homework?" Ian questioned incredulously.

"Fine, I'll go but do you think Grace would be able to stay at your house for another few hours. Grandma is gone to bingo." I told Ian, he laughed lightly before nodding his head.

"Meet us outside after eight." I nodded before shutting the door as Ian walked back across the street to his house.

What was I even going to wear to this party? I picked up all of my books from the kitchen table and climbed the stairs to my room, I dumped the books onto my desk and headed over to the wardrobe to see what I could find. I huffed putting my hands on my hips as I looked at the pile of clothes on the floor, I spotted a pair of ripped black jeans now I just needed to find a top. It was still going to be freezing so I opted for a maroon long sleeved top that had deep v-cut showing just the right amount of cleavage, not that I had much to brag about in the first place. I looped a belt through my jeans so I wouldn't have to keep pulling them up the entire night, I threw my black denim jacket onto my shoulders and headed into the bathroom.

I rarely ever wore makeup, but for some reason I felt I needed to make a good impression. I didn't put on much just some concealer over the bags under my eyes from studying for my physics test, I applied mascara on my eyelashes and put some lip balm on my lips.

My hair was the next mission, it was in its usual style of a low braid with strands hanging out all around my face, I pulled it out of the braid and let it pool below my shoulders in a wavy state.

I checked my appearance in the mirror again before looking at the clock on my wall to see it was almost eight, Ian hadn't given me a lot of time to get ready but surprisingly I had managed quite well. I headed downstairs and pulling my white converse onto my feet, I picked up the spare key and locked the door before stuffing it in my pocket.

I saw Ian and Lip standing at the side of their house, Lip seemed to notice me first as he looked away from Ian while holding onto the wooden railing. He nudged Ian and pointed towards me while I walked across the street, Ian raised his eyebrows at me when I approached the two.