Chapter 2 - Mumskall

TW - Depression, Shipping

Grian flies away from Mumbo towards his hobbit hole, praying that his eyes were playing tricks on him. He begs all the stars above as he lands and quickly splashes an invisblity potion, ignoring the hellos of the villagers. He slams the door and locks it, tears in his eyes, he walks around his base aimlessly. Professor Beak squawks and Grian rubs his soft feathers under his neck.

"Pesky bird." Grian whispers and Professer Beak squawks in delight. Suddenly there are knocks at the door and Grian jumps. He looks out his window to see Mumbo and Iskall. He grabs Professor Beak and a shulker box full of valuables and runs to the messaging system.
"We know you're there Grian. We just want to talk," A muffled swedish voice says and Grian ignores it, jumps into the minecart and presses the button. He hears a door snap and he hears footsteps coming from inside his house. The minecart slowly drags him along the long tunnel to Mumbos base. His two friends don't hear him leave however so he hears their voices soften before being unable to hear it. When he arrives, he drops on his knees, making Professor Beak fall off where he had perched on his shoulder and Grian tries to hold in a sob. His best friend who he literally had a crush on, had literally kissed one of his other closest friends. Why? Probably to break Grian's heart. He gets back up, using his sweater sleeve to wipe his nose before grabbing some rockets and flying in a random direction. He flys across ocean and sees Doc and Bds's mansion. There he can see both Keralis and Bds, Ren and Doc from the open sides but he ignores it and instead flys in another direction towards the shopping district and sees Impulse, Zedaph and Tango at the shopping district which makes his stomach sick. They wave to Grian but frown when he has tears in his eyes and Grian keeps flying and flying back towards the jungle but not his part. He lands at the giant bee hive of a base and looks around. There he can see all the bee farms working together with the rose bushes. He walks towards the bee breeder where Xisuma is working.

"Ow, Naughty baby bee. Don't sting me, I made you exist! Be thankful!" Beesuma exclaims, talking to the small bees floating around him and Grian chuckles. Xisuma looks up and smiles and waves before waving Grian closer. 

"Is this where you've been X? All cooped up with the baby bees?" Grian asks and he nods before frowning when looking at Grian. 

"Are you okay, Grian? You look a little shaken. Am I being too weird? I swear it's the bees influence, they've gotten to me!" Xisuma explains and Grian laughs.

"No, you're fine X. I was just looking for an escape I guess. I can leave if you're busy." Xisuma shakes his head.

"I'm never to busy for someone who needs my help. I can pack this up or you can just sit and watch me, I don't mind,' 

'I'll just watch if thats cool,' Grian says and watches Xisuma work with the hives and the bees, talking to them and laughing at them, opening the trapdoors and letting all the small bees eat the flowers and go back into a hive. This could have been much easier if he did even a little bit of redstone, Grian thinks as Xisuma holds out a red poppy for a bee to land on it. Maybe it was better this way though. 

Grian stays there late into the night, a few times Xisuma forgetting he was even there by how quiet Grian is. It hits one am and Xisuma smiles and opens the yellow shulker box, now full with hives with bees in them. He sighs and turns to see Grian asleep, leaning against the windows. Xisuma smiles and sighs realizing that he's going to have to wake him up so he can go home. Instead he picks the builder up and walks through the skull shaped base and quickly crafts a bed. He places the bed a few blocks away from his. Not too far that it feels weird but not to close so that its awkward. Xisuma gets into his bed and watches Grian slowly breath up and down until he falls asleep.

Mumbo flies towards Xisuma's base. He had asked everyone and Zedaph had said that he was heading Xisuma's base when he say them that last afternoon. It was midday so the busy bee must be awake Mumbo thinks as he lands in front of Xisuma's skull base. Mumbo loiters for a while and then takes the water elevator down to his skeleton farm. There, on the carpet, snuggled Grian in Xisuma's chest, wrapped in a blanket and asleep.
(Insert Suprised pickatu here.)
"Come over here Mumbo. Can we have a chat?" Xisuma says softly when he notices Mumbo and he walks over and sits on the carpet facing them. 

"Mumbo, I don't know if you know but Grian has feelings for you. More then the average best friend." Mumbo nods.

"I think I found that out the hard way." Xisuma sighs.

"Mumbo, Grian loves you more then you know and it's not your fault that you like Iskall. I think even he saw that coming. These kinds of situations suck, I'm sorry." Mumbo's eyes start brimming with tears. 

"Please don't cry, Mumbo."

"Its so hard trying to keep both of them happy. I tried so hard to try and have neither or both. Tango, Zedaph and Impulse do it so well. It's so hard to keep up. And I know that Iskall doesn't like Grian or vice versa." A tear drops onto the carpet.

"Maybe you should of told Grian so he didn't feel so-"

"Betrayed."

"I'll take care of him Mumbo. You go talk to Iskall and I'll see you again soon." Xisuma rubs Grians hair softly as Mumbo walks back towards the elevator.

Grisuma! HONESTLY THO <3 /p Grisuma is the best