Nine

It was finally Saturday. The day I was looking forward to. I asked my manager for an early leave. Fortunately, he gave me the permission without asking for a reason.

It's almost 4 o'clock and I'm here standing in front of the gate, waiting for her to arrive. I sat down at the nearest bench in front of the gate and fiddled with the hem of  my shirt, contemplating whether she'd come or not.

"Jungkoooooook!!" My ears perked up at the cheerful voice I've grown familiar with. I immediately looked around searching for Sora and there she was, holding her mom's hand and running towards me.

I bent down on one knee and spread my arms for her to come hug me. Her smile widened and she left her mom's hand to run even faster and soon enough, she crashed into my arms and hugged me back.

"Jungkook! You don't know how much I missed you!!" She said while hugging me.

You have no idea how much I missed you, Sora.

"Aww, I missed you too." I said and let go of her to pinch her cheeks. Her mom arrived at her side and I stood up to bow.

"Thank you so much, ma'am for bringing your daughter here." I straightened my body and smiled at her. She smiled back at me and nodded her head. "No problem." She replied and looked down at her watch and her eyes widened. "I'm sorry, Jungkook but do you mind me leaving Sora with you for a few hours? I have some errands to run." She asked me with hopeful eyes.

"Not at all ma'am. I'll be more than happy to keep Sora company." I replied and she hugged me in return. "Thank you so much, Jungkook. I'm sure you're an angel sent from heaven."

I turned red at her words.

I've never been complimented before, this was a first..

Sora'a mom went to her daughter and kissed the top of her head. "Have fun, sweetie. I'll be back soon." She waved at the both of us and left.

Sora seemed a little unhappy at the sight of her mom leaving. To lighten up her mood, I decided to joke around. "What's with the glum face? You don't want to spend time with me?" I said and pouted at her.

"Huh? Oh no!! It's not that. I–" She was about to say something but I continued. "Yeah, okay I get it. I'll leave." I said and pretended to walk away.

"Wha– Jungkook, no!" She exclaimed and started running towards me. She grabbed my hand and now it was her turn to pout. "Don't ever do that." She muttered.

"And you, don't ever have a sad face when I'm with you." I squeezed her hands which made her giggle.

"Don't do that! It ticklesss!!"

I hope to keep that smile on your face forever Sora..