Two

Waving, handing out flyers and posing to take pictures shouldn't be too hard, right?

Wrong.

So, very, absolutely wrong.

Who would've thought being a mascot meant dealing with troubles?

"Hey, teddy bear!" I turned my head towards the voiced and pretended to be excited upon seeing the child who was waving back at me. He giggled and ran to me for a hug. I returned his hug but got pulled back by the shoulders by someone almost immediately.

"Excuse me? My daughter and I arrived here first, we're supposed to get a picture taken first." An angry man with a a black suit glared and spoke in a discourteous way.

Thank goodness I had my costume on, it made him look less threatening and I felt safe in my costume.

I couldn't speak. More like, I wasn't allowed to speak. My manager strictly prohibited me from speaking. He clarified that children got creeped out.

"Why the hell don't you speak, huh?" I just shook my head and stood infront of the boy who was whimpering behind me.

He then clicked his tongue in annoyance and shook his head before pulling the head of my costume off.

It hurt. It hurt a lot. The costume was super tight around my neck. He pulled it from the ear making the costume roughly brush against my face.

He threw the head to the floor and looked at me. His eyes widened. People crowded around us and the boy behind me was no longer present.

The man gave out nervous cough while the people gasped upon looking at me.

"That should teach you a lesson." He mumbled and scurried off along with his wailing daughter.

I touched my face with the tip of my fingers and drew my hand back to look at it.

It was coated with blood.