Eleven

I couldn't believe what I heard. I couldn't reciprocate what was happening around me.

Should I be happy that I am Sora's first crush? Or should I be sad that she's going to.. leave?

Being sad would be an understatement. I would be hysterical. She's the one that keeps me going and I haven't know her for that long but still, I was attached to her, I grew feelings for her.

"Jungkook? Are you okay?" She asked, touching my arm gently which was resting on my knees. My head was in between my hands.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I bit my lip trying not to cry or get mad. It's not her fault.

"I tried telling you but you cut me off, remember?" She said and my mind reverted back to the incident that happened earlier in the evening.

°

Sora seemed a little unhappy at the sight of her mom leaving. To lighten up her mood, I decided to joke around. "What's with the glum face? You don't want to spend time with me?" I said and pouted at her.

"Huh? Oh no!! It's not that. I–" She was about to say something but I continued. "Yeah, okay I get it. I'll leave." I said and pretended to walk away.

"Wha– Jungkook, no!" She exclaimed and started running towards me. She grabbed my hand and now it was her turn to pout. "Don't ever do that." She muttered.

°

"My mom was going to the embassy or something to take care of this matter. That's why I was unhappy when she left." She explained while squeezing my arm.

I glanced at her and her face was red as a tomato, she was on the verge of bursting into tears.

"W-why now? All of a sudden?" It was mostly me questioning myself.
It was as if the universe was playing a trick on me, reminding me that I didn't deserve to be happy, taking me back to my miserable state.

Suddenly, I don't want to look forward to this job anymore.