Six

We both were now at the police station. Turns out, the inspector already knew Sora and so he called her mom.

The inspector explained how her mom usually did this. I know I shouldn't judge someone so quickly but by witnessing all these made me feel disgusted of her mom. Why would someone be so irresponsible of their own child?

Bu the good side was that Sora and I got much closer to each other now. I learned so much about her. She said that she wants to be a baker when she grows up. I asked her the reason behind why she chose such a job.

She explained that once her mom told her to wait on the streets but her mom took way too long and Sora started crying. Soon, a kind lady invited her inside a bakery and gave her melon bread and strawberry cake.

She said that it made her really happy and she wanted others to feel the same way she did by giving them something when they least expect it.

I was truly awed by her and for sure wanted to stay by her side just to see her grow up and achieve her dream job.

When I told her this, her reply made me want to never leave her.

"You don't have to wait for me to grow up and watch me be a baker."

"Why is that?"

"Because I want to share that feeling of happiness with you of giving others something so you'll be my partner and help me bake!"

I smile at her words and enthusiasm. I pulled at her cheeks. "You're too cute."

"No, I'm serious! Let's promise to forever stay with one another no matter what!" She extended her pinky towards me.

I locked my pinky and made eye  contact with her as we chanted the promise oath.

"Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye!"