Twelve

I wasn't in the mood for hanging out with her anymore and I'm sure she wasn't as well.

None of us were talking. Thoughts were racing in my mind. I glanced at her from time to time to see how she was doing. Her eyes were set to the ground and her hands were locked with one another.

"If I had known before, I wouldn't have told you anything.." She mumbled.

Her words hit a nerve.

"Excuse me? You wouldn't have told me? And what, leave without telling me anything?" I let go of my head and straightened up, getting irritated.

Sora looked at me and then at the floor.

"If I knew that you'd stop talking with me and be unhappy, then not telling you and spending  the best day of my life would've been better."

Her words hit like knives. It hurt, knowing that I was the one keeping her away from having a great day.

"Look, Sora.. I'm sorry." I began and looked up at the sky which was now gradually being engulfed by darkness. "You mean a lot to me, okay? And seeing you leave will really hurt me. That is why when I heard the news, I.." I trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

She touched my arm gently and looked at me. "You mean a lot to me too, Jungkook. But there's still a lot of time for us to spend together. So how about we make great memories together so we can think back on them later on?" She smiled and waited for my response.

Is she really thirteen years old? How can she say such deep and wise words like an adult?

I stood up and brushed the non-existent dust off my jeans. I extended my hand towards her. "Let's go and spend the best day of our lives, Sora." I grinned at her.

She smiled, got off the bench and took hold of my hand. "Alright."

I squeezed her hands and she immediately retreated her hand back. "Stoppp! That tickles!!"

How I'll miss that laugh of hers..