Sixteen

"Hello, officer." I walked inside the police station and bowed. The officer looked up at me and nodded.

"Jungkook, right?" He asked, with his eyebrow raised

I nodded in return. Thank goodness he remembers me.

"Uh, officer I was wondering if you have Sora's mom's number?" I asked and fiddled with my fingers.

Please give me the number.. I really need it.

Sora didn't come to the amusement park for two weeks now and I was starting to get worried. I would wait for her every weekend. I even kept several balloons for her just so I could give it to her on the day we hangout. It was even yellow in colour; her favourite.

"Yes, I do. But what do you need that for?" He questioned.

"Uhm.." What the heck do I tell him?

"Oh, you know officer. Just chasing after my crush."

"She didn't come to the amusement park on the weekends so I'm here to investigate on that."

"I really miss her and I want to talk to her."

None of them were reasonable..

"Officer, the thing is.. it might sound silly but as you know, Sora's mom promised her in front of you that she'd bring her to the amusement park during the weekends. She only came on the first weekend but then stopped coming and now I'm worried about her and really want to know if something happened to her.."
I decided to go with the truth. Hoping that'd it somehow spark empathy in him for me.

"Oh, I see.." He muttered. "But it's very less likely that she'd pick up her phone or even visit the amusement park because she's super busy these days with packing and I'm sure Sora is too. Since they're leaving at the end of this month." The officer explained.

"W-wait. Could you please repeat that? When are they leaving again?" I questioned, feeling my heart sink.

"You didn't hear? Miss Choi is going to remarry someone and he's a foreigner so they're moving away with him. And they'll be leaving this month. This was a hot topic in this town since miss Choi is very well known and..." The officer went on but I heard nothing.

I could feel the world shattering and my body going numb.

This month? There's only two weeks left for this month to end..

My head started aching and my eyes strated to water.

I need fresh air..

I ran out of the station and continued running to wherever my feet took me.

Sora, will you really be leaving? But I just met you and you've already secured a huge place in my heart.

The universe really does hate me. Why can't I just be happy for once? Just when I was beginning to think that I could be like everyone else and live my life normally.

I hate my life..