One

"Do you think you're capable of doing this job at such a young age?"

"Yes, sir."

"Won't you have problems handling all the flyers?"

"No, sir."

"If you're sometimes late for going home, will there be a problem with your parents? Or should I contact them beforehand?"

"...I don't have any, sir."

"Come again?"

"I don't have parents, sir. No one's going to worry."

That again.

That same pitiful smile whenever I mention my parents.

"Alright. Wear a costume that fits your size and start giving out these flyers at the entrance." He said and handed me a bunch of colorful flyers that were in his hand.

Being 15 years old and applying for a job isn't easy. Especially when you have no parents or someone who'd be there to financially support you.

Since mom and dad died in an accident which I don't clearly remember as that happened a long time back, it has only been me and my not-so-good elder brother who comes and leaves from time to time.

Not gonna lie, life is tough living like this but once you get the hang of it, it's like living the same day over and over again without any changes at all.

Right now, all I feel is relieved because after all this searching and rejection, I finally got a job; being a mascot.