Part 7 - New Year's confession

Your POV:
It is already 31st December, the last day of this year. I and Kyung-Mi are ready for the new one. I have bought champagne, wine and a lot of fireworks, but I am keeping them for the final show. I always wait for the moment when everyone is out of them and then I am activating them and making the show last for another 10 minutes. Kyung-Mi said that she has never seen fireworks, so this will be her first time. I also plan to tell her my feelings. It will be a great start of a New Year, or it will be a disaster. To be honest, I am scared, but I have to try.

Kyung-Mi's POV:
A New Year is coming. Y/N bought many boxes with fireworks for this day. I don't even want to know how much he spent on that. But from the other side I am curious to see them. I have never seen fireworks in my life but from what I have heard, they are beautiful. I will try to tell Y/N my feeling towards him. I have no clue how is he going to react, but I will try it anyway.

Your POV:
We were watching on a sofa and watching movies. It was 11:30 p.m., only half more hour until midnight. We have already eaten all popcorn and it was the last part of that movie, so after it ended, we have decided to listen to the music. I have found some good songs, but most of them were about love. Is this an irony or advice for me to tell her? For the last five minutes we have decided to go outside and wait there. I will tell her today, before the New Year starts.

Kyung-Mi's POV:
After all these movies we have decided to listen to the music. They were really nice, but I don't know why, most of them were about love. I really have to tell him, but I am afraid that he won't feel the same. For the last five minutes we went outside. Y/N was preparing the fireworks and I brought champagne, wine and glasses. Three more minutes, everything was set already.

You: Well, I guess that we have to wait now. Three more minutes, am I correct?

Kyung-Mi: Yea. How do you feel about that?

You: I don't know, it is one more year closer to death.

Kyung-Mi: Oh don't say that!

You: Just kidding. Listen, I have to tell you something.

Kyung-Mi: I also have to tell you something. But you were first, so you can start.

I will let him say something first. If I tell him about my feelings, he may refuse to tell me that.

You: Kyung-Mi, to be honest, I wanted to thank you.

Kyung-Mi: Thank me? I am the one who should thank you!

You: Not really. Before I have found you, I was dealing with a huge depression and lack of sense to live. Even antidepressants weren't helping. And now? I finally feel that I can live normally.

Wow, I knew that he had some problems, because I remember it from his diary, but I didn't know that he was taking antidepressants.

Kyung-Mi: Well, I am glad that I could help you.

You: But that's not everything. During all this time that we have spent with each other, I felt something to you. And to be honest, I don't know how to describe it. I will tell this quickly. Kyung-Mi, I love you.

Wow, I was speechless. He felt the same thing?

You: I know how it sounds and I know that you probably don't feel the same, but I had to tell you this.

Kyung-Mi: Y/N I...

You: Yea I know, I shouldn't have said that, sorry.

Kyung-Mi: Y/N... You know that I feel the same?

You: ... What?

Kyung-Mi: I love you too Y/N, but I didn't know how to tell you this.

You: So, would you like to be my girlfriend Kyung-Mi?

Kyung-Mi: Of course!

He connected our lips in a kiss, and at the same time, other people shot fireworks.

Your POV:
To be honest, I didn't expect that she will feel the same. But when we connected our lips in a kiss, fireworks appeared on the sky. I don't know what is the chance for that, but I didn't complain. We had kissed for another minute, before we stopped and decided to watch the show. I have poured us some champagne, and we clinked glasses. Champagne was really good, especially because I didn't drink it alone. And the sky was really clear, so the fireworks looked brilliant this year. We held each other's hand during this time, and when they started to dissapear, I took the lighter and started activating mine. For another 10 minutes everyone could see my fireworks on the sky. And this one time, I truely enjoyed activating them. After the show was done, we both went to sleep. We jumped on the bed and instantly fell asleep.