001. remembering those flutters

ೃ⁀➷ ˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗
oh merde
( twilight. eclipse )

chapter one

chapter one.
remembering those flutters

     THE first day back to school: a student's every worst nightmare. Whilst some may enjoy the atmosphere that school is able to provide through acting somewhat professional, not one student can deny the workload that is dumped on them on their first day back. Already, teachers were assigning projects, listing essays and conducting research like there was no tomorrow, or as if the students were going to somehow magically disappear and never turn up to school again.

     Oh, if that were only the case.

     You see, Georgine Brodeur was one of those students: always punctual (or even early, in some cases━━Georgine absolutely hated the idea of turning up late somewhere), every assignment is━━somewhat━━completed on the day that it was set (she'd personally rather get it out of the way) and is always dressed appropriately. Georgine likes to think that all of her little quirks and traits that associate her with this is due to her lineage━━French. Now, don't get her wrong, she's not exactly stereotyping the French to be some stuck-up, posh, first class people (that's exactly what she's doing), but, from her own personal experience, that's basically who they are. They like to make a good impression on themselves and on their country, and Georgine thoroughly admires them for that... but, really? Did her lineage have to be French?   

     Georgine would also like to say that her friends don't mention the whole French lineage thing because of her reaction every time someone speaks of it━━she continuously glares at said person as if that will cause them extreme pain (if only!) (although, she could've swore that once it seemed as though she did cause pain when glaring at Mike), but, she would be lying. Something about their friend basically being French must boost their reputation or ego points or something, because they constantly have to remind their fellow students around them that they hang out with someone who's 'smart'. Like, that one time when Georgine had just come back from France during summer vacation, and they had asked her questions, but purposely made sure that every time they spoke the words French or France that their voices were louder━━why is she still friends with these people?

     Or, probably a most recent time, the first encounter she ever had with the new girl, Bella Swan. Georgine was intrigued to say the least━━Forks Highschool never got new students, because no one ever bothered to stay in their town long enough. Yet, after meeting the brunette girl outside of their school whilst she was waiting in her truck for the first bell to ring, she came to the conclusion that Bella was a better suited friend for her. It wasn't that the others were terrible friends (well, some more than others, Georgine would say) (definitely not Jessica), it was that Bella seemed to understand her just that tiny bit more. If anything, Bella and Angela were probably her favorites, even though you aren't supposed to have favourite friends━━but they were hers. Purely because they didn't boast about being friends with the 'smart one', or the fact that they didn't constantly ask her what it was like being French━━as if she had an answer to that!━━and they all around were just nice.