Chapter Seven

"Oh you finally decided to come home then where have you been? You didnt answer your phone and youre covered in mud I was worried!" she fumed. "I was safe, I went for a walk and my battery died it started to rain hence the mud" I said going to change my clothes. "A walk at 7 at night in the rain? Really?" she answered crossing her arms, "yes I had to clear my head " I answered pulling on some clean jeans. "Adam what am I going to do with you? You cant go walking at 7 at night in the rain, disappear for the night and not answer your phone. Then you tell me you had to clear you head?!" she shouted.

"Yes thats exactly what im telling you you arent my mother ashley and im a grown man" I shouted back, "Doesnt mean I dont care about you adam your my friend and lately youre worring me in more ways than one now your doing a disapearing act" she yelled as I rolled my eyes and pulled on some boots. "They've given me a retsraining order ok! Im not allowed to go near tommy! Thats where ive been at the damn police station! They've won at last now you know I hope you're happy" I yelled slamming my bedroom door shut and facing her in the hallway.

"Adam I had no idea im sorry" she said, "well now you do are we done? I need to get to work" I said picking up my bag. "Adam I didnt mean to shout at you you scared me I didnt know what had happened to you" she said as I opened the door, "forget it ashley im so over it i'll see you later" I said shutting the door behind me and heading onto the busy street.

I walked into the office building and past annie who called me as I ignored her and ran for the elevator. Don't get me wrong I don't mean to be rude I just cant deal with anymore questions right now. I sat down at my desk and logged into my computer, I checked my emails and started on the propsal for a new customer. Suddenly my computer froze and shut down before I had a chance to save my work as I stood up and yelled at it. Everyone in the office spun round and stared at me as I grabbed my bag and ran out of the room and onto the street stopping outside and catching my breath.

"Hey" a voice said as I jumped and spun round coming face to face with annie. "Look please annie just leave me be im not good company right now i'll explain it later I promise" I said going to walk away as she grabbed my arm. "Adam look I dont care if youre good company or not but youre my friend and I care about you. You dont need to tell me anything lets just go get lunch" she said. I wavered and nodded as she looped her arm through mine and we headed to starbucks.

She was as good as her word, no questions were asked and I wasnt grilled about what was going on. It was just nice to have someone there, my computer has decided to cooperate again now and im saving it every 10 minutes just in case. My phone constantly keeps ringing so I switched it off, I need some time to think about what Im going to do and how im going to move on from Tommy. Maybe I should go away for a few days? No I couldnt I needed to work, bills needed paying.

As I finished work that night I turned on my phone, wow big mistake. There was over 10 missed calls from my mother, at least 6 from ashley and numerous texts. I sighed and made my way home through the local park as my phone buzzed in my pocket. I had a text from an unknown number as I opened it I began to read it slowly, It read:

Hey Adam its tommy, ive stolen moms phone while shes getting a drink. They told me they took out a restraining order on you. I didnt tell them to I promise, Im going back home in a couple of days and I need to see you. I'll send you the number of my backup phone so my parents dont find out, they arent keeping us apart. Just remember that I love you ok stay safe all my love tommy x p.s. dont reply back as im deleting the message from her phone

That gave me a little hope I guess, but it means it all has to be a secret and we cant ever be together properly. I sat down on a bench and re-read it over and over again as I started to get darker and colder as the night went on. I dont know how long I sat there for but my phone was about to die and I figured I better get home.

I pushed open the door and breathed in the smell of home, ashley must be asleep as the house is silent.  I saw dinner on the side but it really didnt look that appatising and I wasnt really hungry anyways so I threw it in the bin and headed to my room. I changed into my pjs and  swallowed 2 sleeping tablets before falliing into a dreamless sleep.