Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Adam lover boy is here move your butt!" ashley yelled, I looked in the mirror and smiled. Ive been with sean for just under 2 months now, me and ashley have moved now. We live in a bigger apartment, ashley is a regular person in the band now she got the job straight away. Me im an editor at the magazine now, its kind of crazy. Ive also started songwriting, right now they arent that good but they are ok.

Im introducing sean to my parents today, im really nervous what if they dont like him? Annie is engaged, she practically deafened me when she told me. As for tommy well I hear from him from time to time, I dont know what hes doing with his life now. I hoped he was making the best of it, he keeps telling me he still loves me. I think deep down theres always going to be a place in my heart for him, he was my first love after all.

I walked into the front room as sean walked over to me, "hey babe" he said kissing me. "Hey" I said against his mouth as ashley pulled a face behind him. "Are you ready to go?" ashley asked as we pulled away from each other, "as ready as i'll ever be" I said as a car horn beeped outside. We shut the apartment door and locked it as we headed into the elevator, the doorman opened the door for us as we thanked him and stepped onto the street.

My moms driver was parked at the end of the carpet as he climbed out and opened the door,  me and sean slid in as ashley waved us off. She had a rehearsal today so she wasnt coming, the car pulled into the traffic as we headed to my mothers. "Are you ok youre very quiet" sean said, "im a little nervous" I said quietly as he took my hand in his and squeezed it.

"You know it will be ok, I love you and you love me thats all that matters and if anyone tries to stop us being together i'll kick their ass" he said placing our interlinked hands on the chair. I smiled a little, "I guess so" I answered quietly. He scooted closer to me as I pulled him into my body and kissed his head keeping our hands interlocked.

After 20 minutes we pulled into my mothers drive, the car came to a stop as we climbed out. The house looked bigger, more scary as I looked up at it. "Are you ready for this?" sean asked his green eyes flickering in the sun. "I guess, seriously im so freaking nervous right now I might actually throw up" I said. He laughed quietly, "give me your hands" he said as I held them out to him.

He took them in his, "look at me" he said lifting my chin up so I was looking into green eyes. "Your parents love you ok, if they know youre happy they will be. Theres no need to be nervous, im here right beside you where I will always be. Just breathe and dont throw up on me" he laughed. "Thanks, well lets go" I said taking a deep breath as sean tightly held my hand. I could tell he was nervous aswell he kept licking his lips and his hands were sweaty like mine.

I pushed open the front door, as I heard my mom yell to my dad. "They are here!" she yelled as she appeared in the doorway. "Adam honey!" she trilled as she ran to me and hugged me tightly as sean moved back a little, "hey mom" I said as she let go and turned her attention to sean. "And this must be sean pretty little thing" she said circling him as he stood in silence.

"How do you do mrs lambert" he said eventually flashing her a smile and kissing her hand, "ooh what a gentleman you can call me leila" she said as me and sean both gave a collective sigh of relief. "Come inside and take a seat while I go and find my husband" she said as I put my arm around seans waist and he hung his fingers through the belt loops on my jeans.

"See that wasnt so bad" sean said as we sat at the table, "no it wasnt but you still need to meet my dad" I said biting my lip gently. He gently pulled it away from the hold of my teeth and kissed me, "it will be fine" he said. My dad walked in as we stood up, "Adam its nice to see you is this him?" he asked as I nodded. "Sean was it? Why do you think you are right for my son?" he asked as my cheeks flushed red.

"Well mr lambert I love him, surely thats a good enough reason to be right for someone" sean comemnted as my dad smiled. There was no doubt he knew what to say, my dads face was unreadable as minutes ticked by as we stood in silence. "Thats a good answer, do you love him adam?" he asked, "yes" I answered. "Well thats good enough for meplease call me eber" he said holding out his hand as sean shook it.

Me and sean exchanged glances both glad my parents approved, we stayed for dinner because my parents wanted to get to know sean more. I was more than happy for that to happen, I sat back in my chair and watched them deep in conversation. Sean had been quizzed on everything, where he met me and all that stuff. He was more than happy to answer their numerous questions as I smiled proudly, if a few months ago you would have said this is how my life would be now id have told you youre crazy. But everything had fallen into place, maybe this was the start of something new and something better.

Later that night..

"Bye mom, bye dad" I said hugging them each in turn, "goodnight leila and you eber" sean said hugging my mother and shaking hands with my dad. We walked to the car as the driver opened the door and we slid in, it was gone 11 now. Sean yawned quietly next to me, "tired?" I asked. "A little" he replied, "go to sleep i'll wake you when we get home" I said quietly.

"Thats a good idea" he said half asleep as he nestled into my chest, I wrapped my arm around him as he fell asleep. His eyelashes fanned on his cheeks leaving shadows and quiet snores came from him as I tangled my fingers in  his hair and looked out the window.