Chapter Eight

"So you got home late last night" Ashley said as I stirred my tea, "huh? Oh yeah Annie had some crisis I had to help with" I told her. "Right, are you actually going to eat that toast or are you waiting for it to freeze completely?" she questioned as I looked down at the plate in front of me. "Actually im not hungry thanks you have it im going to work" I said drinking the rest of my tea and heading out of the door.

As I walked up the street I heard someone beep a horn as I turned round and spotted my mothers chauffeur, I rolled my eyes and carried on walking. As I got to my office building the car pulled up beside me and the window was rolled down. "Oh Adam" my mothers shrill voice said interupting my train of thought as I sighed and turned round. "Hello mother what are you doing here?" I asked as politely as I could manage. "Im inviting you and ashley to tea tonight, 7pm sharp dont be late. Gary will pick you both up at 6 pm. Oh and try and ge some sleep" she said as the car turned round and sped up the road.

I sighed and pushed open the door as I stepped into the busy foyer, great a meal with my mother. Where I have to actually eat mountains of food, definately not feeling that at all. I leant against the wall and pressed the call button on the elevator as I climbed into the crowded car and to the 4th floor. Wow its busy today, its not normally its kind of clostraphobic in here. As the car stopped at my floor I dived out and headed to my desk.

I had piles of case notes to go through as I got stuck in and made a start on them. It was a very good distraction actually, stopped my mind running wild over things so I guess thats a plus but it is also incredibly boring. "Hey sleeping beauty wake up!" a voice said as I looked up from the paperwork I had seemed to have faceplanted and saw my boss staring at me. "Sorry I was just well up doing paperwork" I said as she laughed, "you know adam you seem to be falling asleep a lot lately are you sure everything is ok with you?" she asked leaning on my desk.

"Yeah everything is fine, I was given some prescribed sleeping pills and they seem to be working better than planned but I took them late last night so im guessing they havent worn off yet. Im really sorry but the paperwork is done" I explained holding them up. "Thank you and by the way we have an internet conference at 3 with mr mcdowell I want you there to take notes dont be late" she said picking up the papers and heading back to her office.

As 3 pm rolled round I grabbed my notebook and knocked on my bosses door, "come in" she trilled as I gently pushed it open. "Ah Adam dont loiter come on in we are about to start" she said gesturing to the chair next to her as I sat down. She pressed a button on her screen and a dark haired guy with green eyes popped up onto the screen, he had a very intense stare as I blinked. "Ah christian how are you darling?" she said smiling at him, "im very well angela so about this contract for providing the design for our new project in Miami. We need to decide on designs etc" he said as I scribbled down what was being said.

"Well design wise im thinking big and bold like what you propse to build there, im thinking a swimming pool a few saunas and things where about are you planning to build it?" my boss questioned. "On the beach, theres not really a better place for a 5 star hotel to be built" he explained, "central location good profits" I said to myself writing down what he said. "When do you need your plans finalised?" my boss asked, "by the end of next week if possible we propse to start building at the end of the month" he replied. "Ok leave it with us good day christian" angela said as the screen disapeared.

"So Adam did you get everything?" she asked drawing her attention back to me, "yes all here in black and white" I replied sliding my pen into my pocket. "Good now I want you to spearhead this project it will give you something to focus on do you think you can complete it in time?" she asked. "Of course I mean if youre sure you want me to do it that is" I replied, "absolutely I wouldnt have said it if I hadnt" she told me. "Well thank you i'll make a start on it when I get home" I said looking at the clock and noticing it was nearly 5. "Youre free to go get on it" angela said as I left the room and picked up my bag before heading home, I went into my bedroom and started on the designs while the house was silent.

"Hey wake up" a voice said as I was shaken, "go away" I mumbled turning over and buring my face in the pillow. "Adam get up will you your moms driver is going to be here any minute" the voice said impatiently, I rolled back over and slowly opened my eyes to see ashley standing over me. "Oh hey" I said stretching out and sitting up, "hey come on get changed your mothers driver will be here in a bit" she said going out of my room and shutting the door.

A few minutes later a car horn beeped outside as I pulled on my boots and headed out into the front room. "Lets go thats gary" she said shutting off the lights and pulling the door shut as we made our way outside to the waiting car, as we stepped onto the sidewalk there was a blue bmw parked on the kerb. "Evening sir, madam" gary said holding the door open as we slid in. "Hey" ashley said in reply as he climbed into the drivers seat, "lets get this over with" I said quietly sighing as we pulled into the traffic.

Within half an hour we were pulling into my mothers drive as the car came to a stop, we climbed out and were greeted by my mother hugging us both. "Evening darlings" she said in her irritating voice, ashley and my mother were soon in deep conversation as we were led inside to the dining room to a table full of food. I groaned quietly as we sat down, well this was going to be interesting...