9

A/N: How do you think everyone is going to react to Cameron's pregnancy? Are you excited? How is Luca, do you think? Please vote and enjoy this chapter, pretty people! 💋

~*~

Felicitations

Felicitations.

N.

Words expressing praise for an achievement or good wishes on a special occasion.

  Oliver helped me walk into the living room and sat me down on the couch. Earlier, before breakfast, Scout toured the house with me whilst Skye made me breakfast. This house is the most perfect place ever, decorated to perfection, isolated in the countryside with a lake behind us. Ryan is supposed to be home any minute now and I hear Elise coming down the stairs. I slowly situated myself as Scout lit the fireplace up and I felt warmth scour my face. Elise's head peeked around the corner and her eyes widened when she saw me.

  "Cammi!" She squealed and all but sprinted towards me in her matching blue pajama set. She ran behind the couch and threw her arms around me, hugging me. I leaned the back of my head into her shoulder as she hugged me from behind and I grinned, "I missed you, Elise!"

"I freaking missed you too, Cammie! Oh, there's so much I have to tell you but I want you to get better first, okay?" She said with excitement prancing around in her eyes once she walked around the couch to sit beside me. I nodded in agreement and was about to reply to her before the front door opened, revealing Ryan in his detective uniform. He sighed without looking up and kicked his shoes off, hanging his keys on the hanger beside the door. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and began scrolling before he looked up and seen me. He smiled at me before turning back down to his phone, only for him to furrow his eyebrows and snap his head up at me again with his eyes wide and ragged.

   "Cameron?!"

  "Hey, Ry," I giggled and he threw his phone on the loveseat as he jogged over to me and hugged me gently, "It's good to have you back, good God we were all going crazy listening to Elliott go mad."

"I heard that, jackass," Elliott's voice as he rounded the corner with Skye, Oli, and Danny trailing behind him. Everyone was now in the living room and Elliott sat on the couch, eyeing me warily, "Are you okay? How's your side?"

   I giggled at his nearly overbearing concern, "I took my medicine so I can't really feel it. I'm okay, pinky promise." He held his pinky up and gave me his lopsided grin as I hooked my pinky around his. He kissed my knuckles before sitting my hand down, not letting go though. "Do you want to tell them now?" He asked quietly as everyone engaged in their own conversations and nervousness rose in my belly along with butterflies. I inhaled sharply and nodded as I looked into his green irises and he smiled, reassuring me silently.

  He cleared his throat, wrapping an arm around me and everyone turned to look at us.

"We have something we want to tell you all," I began and they looked lost. They sat down in their places, their eyes on us as the suspense started building. I nervously glanced at Elliott and he sensed that I was beginning to panic so he took over the announcement. He rubbed tiny circles on my arm as he spoke.

   "I know it's crazy and it wasn't expected, but-"

  "Are you guys getting married?!" Scout bursted out from excitement, unable to control it any longer. I giggled and shook my head as Elliott chuckled from beside me for the same reasoning, "Actually... Cameron is pregnant with my baby."

Everyone's jaw dropped and their eyes bulged from their skull, causing me to giggle violently before pain shot across my side. I hissed and gripped it as Oliver's voice erupted from the silence, "How the fuck?"

   "Scout and Skye's wedding... sorry sis," I coughed out from the pain and Sky ugly laughed as she threw her head back and Ryan groaned loudly. My eyebrows met in confusion as he grabbed his wallet out and handed Skye a fifty dollar bill.

  "I bet Ryan fifty bucks that when you guys left that you were fucking and he believed you guys were just talking things out," she laughed and Ryan grumbled in defeat. I laughed even harder, holding my side to keep from hurting so badly. "Stop fucking making her laugh," Elliott snapped as he rushed to my side and helped me put pressure around my wrapped torso. I shook my head, "Don't be rude, El."

"Yeah, El, listen to the mama," Oli teased as everyone erupted in congratulations. I don't think I could ever feel any more loved.

   I never expected my life to look this way but I'm completely content with it. I'm surrounded by people who love me, even if they aren't biological family, excluding Scout and the little one growing in my tummy, they are family well needed. I want to see Luca. He is also my family and I need to make sure he's okay. I looked over to Elliott who was conversing with Oliver about business, "Can you help me to Luca's room, please?" He smiled softly at me and nodded, helping me to my feet as he slightly picked me up and walked us upstairs and then upstairs again. He carried me to the end of the hallway before placing me onto my feet and opening the door. Luca was lying on the bed, his chest rising up and down slowly with stitches sporadically across his face, hooked up to machines.

  I nodded at Elliott and he kissed my cheek before leaving the room. I limped over to the side of the bed and sat in the chair, taking his hand in my own.

"Hey... Luca," I began and snorted at how corny I sounded, "I don't know if you can actually hear me in there... rumor is you can. If you can, I just want to thank you for saving me. It wasn't your responsibility to help me out, get hurt whilst saving me, then almost die in the process... You deserve so much better and I truly hope that one day, when you're better... you reconnect with that fiancé of yours... She sounds like an amazing person and you deserve the best, Luca."

   I felt my eyes water as I began to think about all that I endured in that hellhole with Luca. I sighed and kissed the top of his hand, getting up to limp out of the room before I heard him groan in his sleep. I looked behind me and noticed he was beginning to stir awake. My breath hitched in my throat as his eyes fluttered open, he moaned again, possibly from the light coming in from the windows hurting his eyes.

  "Luca?" I asked, hopeful and he turned his head slightly to look at me, "C-Cammmmm.... Is that y-you?"