Chapter 3

"Seriously? There's nothing between you and Chuck? Still?" Asked a sweaty Kate who was jogging alongside Elisha.

The woman nodded with a grin, "Yeah, seriously. It's just always been a no strings attached agreement between us and we like it that way."

"But you've been sleeping with each other for like three years now. You can't tell me there's not even a little spark in there."

The two girls stopped to rest at the dog park and Elisha bent down to free her dog and let it run about before turning back to Kate and shrugging, "I mean we care for each other a lot, yeah. But not to the point where we want to date. I mean sure, I met him senior year in high school and he was a freshman in college and we had stuff going on between us but nothing really serious to lead us to dating. It's just mostly all play and nothing more."

"That's too bad though. Chuck's a pretty decent guy and you're, well, you're the devil but Chuck seems to be fond of it." Kate chuckled that earned her a proud grin from the woman, "I don't think it would be so bad if you two dated."

Elisha scoffed, taking big gulps from her water bottle, "Honestly I think so too. But you know I can't do that sweet romance shit. What if Chuck gets too clingy and I decide to break it off? I don't want to lose a good dick you know. That and I also don't wanna lose Chuck as a friend." She snickered, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

Kate laughed, already knowing how she is. For as long as she could remember, Elisha had always had that opinion when it comes to dating, not that the woman never had a boyfriend, it's more like she never took it seriously and would always call it off once she's had enough of the guy or was bored of it already.

Elisha was always the type for fast paced and thrilling romance than the cheesy cliche bits anyway.

"Well I still think Chuck isn't a bad type for a boyfriend."

"I'll keep him around in case I ever feel like I do want a boyfriend then." Elisha snorted with a roll of her eyes.

In the corner of her eye, Kate noticed Elisha's dog Luna snarling at a Doberman that was trying to get with her and immediately alerted the woman.

"Oh my god, El a doberman is trying to bang Luna."

"What -- Oh shit. Hey! Hey no!" Elisha clicked her tongue at the dog that kept coming closer to the staffordshire pitbull of hers, "Luna, come here."

The dog immediately ran to her owner and jumped into her arms but the doberman was unbelievably stubborn and was trying to jump on the woman to get to the pitbull as Elisha tried to move away from the dog.

"Jesus, who the fuck owns this doberman?!" Elisha snarled loudly for the owner to hear and hopefully pull their dog away.

Elisha didn't want to hurt the dog but was quickly getting annoyed with it continuously jumping at her to get to Luna who also kept on barking and shifting in her arms. Maybe carrying her was a bad idea.

"Oh my god. Odin! Odin no!" Elisha heard a guy yelling and was running towards them.

Kate, who was just sitting on a bench, laughing and enjoying the scene was surprised to see Jordan approach Elisha and try to pull off the doberman.

"Shit, I am so sorry, miss." Jordan apologised to the glaring Elisha as he tried to calm his dog down and away from her.

"I'm all for letting your dog run free in the park but weren't you watching him?" Elisha huffed, a little annoyed that he would be irresponsible with his dog.

Jordan smiled bashfully, a hand scratching the nape of his neck, suddenly intimidated by the sharp glare the bespectacled woman was giving him, "I am, I - I mean I was. I just went to pick up some treats for Odin, I swear I didn't let him go off on purpose."