Chapter 5

"So what happened after?" Asked Iris, pouring herself a cup of hot coffee from their kitchen.

Breakfast was always held at their apartment so it wasn't uncommon for all six girls to be gathered together so early in the morning.

 "Nothing. He walked me up and we said good night." Kate shrugged as she sat beside Mae.

"Seriously? Nothing?"

"Yeah, nothing." She chuckled, "I told you guys it was just a friendly date."

As soon as everyone gathered at the other apartment, the five of them wasted no time and were already asking Kate the details of her date from last night.

"I call bullshit!" Elisha exclaimed, "You can't say that after last night with all the talking and laughing and the playing in the arcade, that there wasn't even a small bit inside you that wanted to kiss Jordan."

They all turned to Kate, eyes laser focused and watching Kate who's face slowly turned red the longer she kept quiet and ate her muffin, before squealing in victory.

"We knew it!!" They cheered, Kate's face burning a brighter red as she tried to argue with them.

Kate groaned and glared at them in defeat, "Alright, fine! He was sweet and a part of me wanted him to kiss me but that was only like 2 percent of me okay? I didn't want anything else from Jordan, that was just a friendly date, nothing more."

"If you kissed him it definitely would've been more." Mae scoffed and laughed.

"She's right, you know." Leigh nodded in agreement.

From the hallway came the sound of one of the bedroom doors opening and closing and Luna came scuttling to the kitchen at the smell of bacon, followed by a Chuck who was already dressed in his work clothes.

"Morning, ladies." The man smiled brightly at them as Elisha got up from her seat to grab his share of breakfast to-go.

"Good morning, Chuck."

"Hey, Chuck."

"You guys were still too loud last night, Chuck." The girls grinned and smiled as they greeted him.

"Sorry. We'll try to keep it down a little better." Chuck laughed as he sauntered over to the bespectacled woman and placed a torrid kiss on her lips.

The girls rolled their eyes or laughed and playfully gagged in disgust as the two kissed in front of them all.

Elisha was the first to pull away from the heated kiss and was grinning as she straightened out his tie, "Have fun at work, Chuck."

"Have fun at class, El." Chuck mimicked her cheshire grin and turned to the others, "I'll see you girls. Have a good day."

Waving and giving their goodbyes, they all watched the man leave before turning back to Kate.

"See now, they're not dating but they sure have a hell of a lot of fun at night. Why don't you and Jordan do that instead of being 'friendly'?" Camille teased.

"Yeah, it's so much easier since you're not dating each other so you guys don't need to have that lover's spat and shit. Plus you get to have sex whenever you want. That's a win-win, if you ask me." Elisha nodded in agreement, sitting back down and tossing a piece of bacon to Luna.

Kate shook her head and smiled, "I don't need Jordan to be a boyfriend or like Chuck who's..uh,"

"A friend with benefits." Elisha laughed, filling in the gap.

"Right, that. I'm fine with Jordan being just a friend and nothing more. Honest." Kate nodded, raising one hand in gesture.

"If that's what you say then okay." Elisha shrugged and got up after checking the time on her phone, "Anyways, I'm going ahead first. I can't be late today, I have my bread making this morning. See you guys later!"