Chapter 7

"Alright, don't forget tomorrow we meet up with the animal shelter to help with their fundraising." Reminded their Animal Welfare professor, Nick Tribbiani, before dismissing the class.

Filing out the classroom, Kate walked alongside a jaded looking Jordan who's eyes were circled in dark rings. The whole of the class the guy has been out of it, head bobbing here and there as he would fall asleep now and then.

With a worried frown, Kate nudged him by the arm and peeked at his lacklustre brown eyes, "Hey, you okay, Jordan?"

His head shot up, eyes blinking awake as he turned to the shorter woman, "Yeah, yeah, I'm good. Just wasn't able to get some sleep last night."

"Did something happen?"

"Nothing serious, it's just that Kim got drunk the other night and decided to buy a chick and a duck." Jordan chuckled before yawning in the middle of his laugh, "The duck's pretty loud. Odin gets freaked out too and kept jumping on my bed."

"What? I didn't even know you can keep a chick and a duck as pets." Kate laughed.

Jordan snorted and shrugged, lips stretching to a grin as he watched her smile and laugh, "I didn't either, to be honest. Just woke up and saw them walking around and Odin hiding his big self in the corner."

Kate laughed and grew a blush when she saw Jordan gazing at her with soft brown eyes and a smile.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Jordan shook his head and smiled a little wider, more softer and adoring, "Nothing. Your laugh just really makes my day. It's really my favourite sound."

Kate's heart jumped and her fingers twitched, her eyes slightly widening, "What?"

"Yeah, I know it sounds cheesy. But I like hearing you laugh. Your voice is my favourite sound." Jordan chuckled, scratching the back of his neck bashfully.

His words made Kate's heart throb as she thought back to the notes she's been receiving, remembering quite clearly that one of them were the exact same words Jordan had just told her.

After weeks of wondering and thinking of who the mystery person could be but finding no clue, Kate sort of just gave up on the whole debacle and just happily continued to receive the sweet little notes. But hearing Jordan say something that is exactly like one of the notes made her want to reopen the can of worms.

Can this be the very first clue? Hell, can Jordan be the mystery person? He did just practically quote one of the notes. But maybe it was just a coincidence. Yeah, maybe that was it.

Kate reminded herself not to get ahead of herself and overthink things. Jordan was a friend, she's told herself that countless times over. He was a very good friend and nothing more.

"Oh come on, I laugh like an idiot." Kate scoffed, playfully pushing him away.

Jordan laughed and shook his head to disagree, "No you don't. You sound cute when you laugh. It's like Hihihihi, but less creepy sounding and more like angels singing."

Jordan's horrible rendition of her laugh made Kate burst out in laughter, hearing him laugh in such a high pitch tone and act so girly was hilarious.

"See? Such a pretty laugh it is." Jordan smiled adoringly at the laughing woman.

"Oh shut up." Kate blushed and feigned a glare.

Although Kate decided to not read too much into his words, she still couldn't help but think that maybe Jordan is connected to the notes, thinking that he may even be the mystery person. But what if he wasn't?