Chapter 12

This was the first time Kate ever felt this nervous. Even more than the time when she was waiting for her college acceptance letter. She didn't know if her nerves were jumping from nervousness or excitement.

"Alright, that's it for class. Don't forget to submit your presentations by Wednesday." Professor Geller said while fixing his notes for the lecture and dismissing the class.

Jordan stood by and waited for Kate to pack up her things before taking her bag from her as soon as she zipped it up and grabbed her hand, "Let's go." He simply muttered and pulled her out of the classroom.

"Wait, we - we still have classes." Kate stuttered, cursing herself for doing so while she tried to avoid bumping into other students who walked past them.

"We're skipping it."

Heading to the parking lot, Jordan started up his car and opened the passenger door for Kate who got in, still confused and wondering where on earth they were going.

"We're going for coffee, relax." Jordan grinned when he got in the car and noticed her expression, "I'm not kidnapping you."

"I wasn't thinking that, I was just surprised, is all." Kate blushed lightly for getting caught with her thoughts.

Driving to the Starbucks close to the university and Jordan parked at the back parking lot when the front was all full already.

"Order what you want, I'm buying." Jordan smiled sweetly as he opened the door for her.

"Since it's free then sure." She giggled and grinned.

After ordering and taking their seats in a booth in the corner while waiting for their drinks, Jordan was the first to bring up their date from the other night.

"I know you want to talk about our date, I don't mind, so you can ask me anything." Jordan smiled, arms crossed on the table.

"Uh, okay, well I was just um, I - I was.." Kate wasn't sure why the hell was she stuttering so much, but the longer she stared at Jordan's dark brown eyes, the more she lost her words.

Jordan's eyes narrowed and his tone turned stern and knee buckling, "Use your words, Kate. Don't stutter."

"S - sorry." Kate blushed, her heart skipping a beat, and she gulped trying to gather her words properly this time, "I was just wondering about where we're at after the date. And after the...kiss."

"Good girl." Jordan's lips turned to a small smile when Kate spoke without stuttering and he leaned back in his seat, eyes still trained on her blushing face and staring straight into her eyes, "And as for that, we can be whatever you want to be. I told you before, Kate, I won't push you to do anything you don't want to. If you want to remain friends, then friends we will be. If you want to be lovers then we will be. I just want you to be aware that I like you."

It might just be the first time ever that Jordan's actually told Kate he likes her, since most of the time he'd just tell her that he was always there for her but not really putting any meaning behind it. But now he's putting it out there that he likes her, Jordan has feelings for Kate and her heart swelled at the thought.

Kate grew a smile and fiddled with her fingers bashfully, "I like you too, Jordan. But I'm not ready for a relationship yet. If - if it's alright with you, we just can continue dating. To get to know each other further."

Jordan smiled and took her one hand in his, his thumb running over her knuckles soothingly, "Ofcourse. I'm really glad I can keep dating you, you have no idea how much I've wished for this."

Bringing her hand up to his lips, he kissed her hand sweetly and the action brought butterflies in her stomach just like every time he'd do so, "I promise I'll treat you how you deserve to be treated, Kate. I'll show you things you've never felt before."