Chapter 5

The sun shone brightly outside, but when it was filtered through the tinted windows of the car, it lost its ability to warm. At least that is why Yibo thought he felt cold while sitting in the car surrounded by his manager and producer of his next series. Or perhaps it was the way his conversation had ended with Xiao Zhan earlier this morning. He had hoped Zhan ge would have been more upset that he wouldn't be able to talk to him for the next few days. Perhaps he had overestimated how Zhan really felt for him. Sure they had shared a few intimate moments with each other during the course of their filming and during The Untamed tour, well... maybe more than just a few, Yibo thought smiling inwardly. Towards the end of the tour each time they were together intimately it felt more rushed and desperate, like it would be the last time they could be together. He longed for a day when they could spend a full night and day together, hell he would even admit to wishing for a lifetime of days and nights together.

     "Yibo?" his manager said waving a hand in front of his face. "Hey, Wang Yibo, are you paying attention?"

     Yibo shook his head apologetically. "Sorry, did you say something?"

     His manager sighed. This was the third time today that Yibo had spaced out and she had to repeat herself. "I said that it will take us at least 2 hours to get to our destination where we will be staying for the next few days for filming."

     Yibo nodded. "What is on the schedule when we get there?"

     "The first will be some training for some of the martial arts sequences you will be doing in this series. Both you and Zhao Li Ying will be required to be at training today," replied his manager. "There will be a dinner with all the cast and crew tonight."

     He nodded in acknowledgement as he had expected as much. "When will the booting ceremony be held?"

     "The fortune teller says the most auspicious day will be next Tuesday," she replied.

     That was a week away, Yibo thought while he looked down at his calendar in his phone.  Between driving to locations, shooting, promotions, interviews, photo sessions, and training, he didn't think he would have a moment alone where he could call Zhan. He closed his eyes and feigned sleep so he could think about Zhan. He thought back to their booting ceremony for, The Untamed. He had felt awkward and shy when he saw Zhan - it had been a long time since he had seen him on Day Day Up. He knew that the character he would be playing was in love with Xiao Zhan's character. Lan Zhan was drawn to his Wei Ying like a moth to a flame, and never would Yibo have guessed that he would be the same with Xiao Zhan. The warmth of Zhan's smile and his happy and easy going nature was all that was needed for Yibo to start having feelings for him. After spending more and more time with Zhan, every touch fuelled the fire within him.

     Yibo was most concerned with Zhan's warm personality and his actions towards everyone on set. Would he be the same with the current cast he was filming with? Would his current costar fall for him like he did? Was he the only one suffering from not being able to see each other? He had no answers and the one person who could talk him through this was the one person he couldn't talk to right now.

A/N Are you guys still with me?