Mysteries and Surprises - Part 7

(Y/N) POV:

"Are you ready to go?" You looked over and saw Ricky standing in the doorway of the bathroom door as you finished up your makeup. Last Sunday, Ricky invited you to go to the upcoming award show with him. You gratefully said yes, however you made him promise you that he would go dress shopping with you. It was only Wednesday but the award show was on Friday so you really needed to find the perfect dress today. Ricky suggested you two go to the mall to look for one, You liked this idea and happily agreed.

"Yeah sorry." you hopped down from the counter putting the mascara wand back into its tube. "Do I look alright?"

"Awe babe you look beautiful!" Ricky always knew how to make you feel better. To be honest you really weren't having that great of a day today. You woke up with your whole body being sore from all the working you've been doing lately, and you were really stressed that you wouldn't be able to find a cute enough dress that would match what Ricky was planning on wearing. Nice comments like these from Ricky always put a smile on your face.

"Now come on." You both laughed as he grabbed your arm and dragged you out to his car opening the passenger side door for you. You quickly got into the car and waited for Ricky to join you. Once he did, you turned on the radio realizing your favorite song was playing. You smiled and turned up the volume as Ricky began to drive to the mall. He reached over and grabbed your hand, intertwining his fingers into yours. His hands were so soft and you enjoyed how they felt against yours. You turned your head and focused your attention on looking out the window. It was such a beautiful day outside today, The sun was shining and it looked as though many of the people were taking advantage of it. You laid your head back against the seat and waited to arrive at the mall, hoping that you could find the perfect dress.

Before long, you arrived at the mall. It was a pretty big mall and it had a lot of stores so you were bound to find something cute. Both you and Ricky got out of the car and started walking towards the mall holding each other's hand. Ricky held the door for you as you walked inside. You could smell the food court from the entrance and knew you and Ricky were definitely going to have to get pretzels before you left.

"Why don't we go start at Windsor..." You knew they always had dresses there, hopefully you could just find one there and be done with the whole dress deal.

"Lead the way!" Ricky laughed as you dragged him into the extremely girly shop. You took a few minutes to browse through the different options they had, However you really weren't seeing anything you really liked....Great. There was a cute knee length black dress that caught your eye though. It was kind of cute, It was an apron type dress that was silk and had a few diamonds around the waist. You looked at it for a second and then looked at Ricky to get his opinion.

"I think its nice, why don't you go try it on?" You nodded and dragged Ricky over to the fitting rooms. He sat outside while you went inside the little changing stall and tried on the dress.

It was a nice dress but there was just something about it that didn't seem right. You looked at yourself in the mirror and just didn't like what you were seeing. It was kind of cute the more you looked at it but it just wasn't what you were hoping for..... You slowly unlocked the door and walked out to show Ricky and see what he thought about it. Ricky looked up from his phone and could tell right away from your facial expressions that you didn't like it.

"It's a cute dress but if you don't like it or feel comfortable wearing it, we can always go to a different shop." You sighed and nodded, feeling a little better hearing that coming from Ricky. He gave you a warm smile as you walked back into the dressing room to put your normal clothes back on. God dress shopping could be so difficult. Was it really so hard to find a dress that actually looked nice?