Just A Bruise - Part 14

(Y/N) POV:

You laid on the couch with a blanket around your body and your head in Ricky's lap. According to him you had slept for almost the whole day when you got back from the hospital. He said he would come into the bedroom every so often to see if you were still breathing, which you were, and to lay with you for a few minutes before going back to what he was doing. The doctors had said to not look at any kind of screen or light for at least 24 hours because of the conclusion, but of course Ricky extended it for another day just to be safe.

He had taken your phone and laptop away and hid them somewhere, as for the tv, he hid the remote along with the other devices. You didn't mind this too much though, It was peaceful just being able to lay on the couch while Ricky read one of his many books. He would look at you every once in a while when he finished his chapter to give you a small smile, which you found extremely cute.

Your head was still wrapped in bandages just so nothing would infect the area where the bottle hit your head. It definitely wasn't the most flattering look but Ricky kept on reminding you how beautiful you were. It really helped keep your self conscious levels about your appearance up.

Ricky had mentioned something about the guys stopping by to bring us food or something. He said they really felt bad and they knew Ricky wasn't the best cook so they felt they would be doing you a favor by bringing something over. You didn't know when they were coming though so they would just have to deal with you looking like a mess.

You cuddled into the blanket more, shifting your head on Ricky's lap. He looked down at the sudden movement and watched as you laid your head back down on his leg. You groaned feeling the pounding headache you already had getting worse, probably because of the movement.

"You okay?" Ricky looked down at you to see the pained look spread across your face.

"No..." You sighed and sat up making your vision go blurry. This was apparently normal even though it really didn't seem like it was. Your head began to pound harder and you began to get really dizzy. You quickly leaned into Ricky's side just in case anything would happen.

"Hey, it's okay, it 's okay, just calm down." Ricky's arm made its way across your shoulder and pulled you into his chest. It wasn't the best position but it helped the dizziness go away.

"Thanks...Hey when are the guys coming over?" You looked at Ricky curious as to when the guests would be arriving.

"Hmmm maybe like an hour?" You nodded and snuggled back into his chest. It was nice to have someone watching over you and taking care of you. This was something you never really experienced in your previous relationships.

"Hey do you think I could shower before they get here?" Ricky sat his book down on the coffee table and slowly sat up as you did as well.

"Yeah that's fine, here i'll help you." You nodded and waited as he stood up and held his hands out for you to grab. It had just been over a day since you were released from the hospital, so you clearly needed help still. You grabbed Ricky's hand and stood up slowly hoping not to get too light headed. He waited as you gained your balance, watching to make sure that you were okay.

"Good?" You gave him a nod and he slipped his arm around your back. He walked over to the bathroom with you and turned on the shower just hot enough.

You slowly took off the bandages on your head, revealing a huge bruise on where your forehead met your hairline. Luckily you didn't have anymore black eyes from the guy. Ricky turned and looked at you, of course his eyes went right to the bruise.

"Honey...." He sighed and walked over reaching out to put his hand on your arm. You looked down hating how it looked, But you didn't want Ricky to worry anymore. After all he was definitely doing enough of that already.