A Razorblade Kiss - Part 12

Ricky's POV:

I sat up in the bed that (Y/N) and I shared, reading one of the many books I had collected over the years. (Y/N) was sound asleep considering it was 1 am. I was up only because I couldn't sleep at all and I figured that if I read for a bit it would help me sleep.

It had been only a few days since I popped the question to the girl of my dreams and she was already planning her dream wedding. I looked over some of her plans while she was at the shop and oh my god was it going to cost me a fortune. She really wanted the picture perfect wedding but hopefully we could compromise on a few things.

I looked down at (Y/N) as she cuddled closer to my body. Before I knew it, her arms were around my torso and her head was on my chest. I laid my arms around her and listened to her softly breathing as I continued to read my book. It really was moments like theses that I loved the most.

"Ricky?" I looked down, hearing her soft whisper, "Put the book down and get some sleep." She smiled and cuddled closer to me, still with her eyes closed.

I smiled and put a bookmark in the page I had ended on and set the book on the nightstand that sat next to my side of the bed. I laid down a little bit, still with (Y/N) on my chest, and got comfortable under the blankets.

There was something I knew I needed to do tomorrow but I couldn't remember what. I knew (Y/N) took the day off to work on wedding stuff, and I was going to go over to Chris's to work on the album and show him the merch but there was definitely something that I had forgotten about. Whatever it was, hopefully I would remember it in the morning.

--------------------

I woke up to an empty bed. I slowly sat up and looked around wondering where (Y/N) was. It was a sunny morning and the birds were definitely filling the air with little chirps. I picked myself up from bed and started to walk to the bathroom, only to realize that (Y/N) was taking a shower and the door was locked. Well at least I knew where she was now. I walked over and neatly made the bed before sitting on it waiting for (Y/N) to come out of the shower.

Shortly after, she walked out of the bathroom with shorts and one of my t-shirts on, along with wet messy hair. She smiled and walked over to me, sitting down on my lap.

"Morning." She looked at me with pure love in her eyes. "So are you ready for a wedding plan with me like you promised you would yesterday?" She had a hopeful look in her eyes. My face went blank as I realized that that is what I had forgotten about.

How could I forget about this? She had even made me promise her that I would dedicate this day to helping her out. I definitely was feeling like the worst fiancé in the world right now, but I could bail on Chris! Especially not today considering I had to show off the merch ideas.

"Yeah about that......" I watched as the once hopeful look that was on her face, now became a more confused and sad one. I told Chris that I would help him with the album and show him the new merch designs today....." I trailed off not really knowing how to say it.

"B-But Ricky you promised me....." She got off my lap with a sad expressionless look on her face now.

"I know I did and I'm sorry I'll be back later." I stood up and looked at her hoping she would understand...which she didn't.

"Ricky, you're seriously going to bail on me for Chris?" Her voice became more bitter and almost angry as she took another step back. There was nothing I could do now though, Chris was expecting me and I needed to go and get this stuff done.

"Look (Y/N)..." Before I even got another word out I was cut off by her words.

"Oh no I get it it's fine just go." Her words hitting me harder and harder. She crossed her arms and waited for me to walk out. "Maybe you shouldn't come back either." She mumbled under her breath. I knew she wasn't being serious right now but it still hurt to hear that.