Chapter 15

We are so close to the end of this book :(

Enjoy!

><><><><><><><><><><><

Mitch's POV

I wake up to the sun in my face and knocking on the door. I groan and rip the bedsheets off of myself. I swing my legs off the bed and stand up, then I make my way to the front door.

"Coming" I shout as I head down the stairs and to the door. I open it to reveal Jeremy with a sad expression on his face.

"Jeremy is everything all right? What's wrong?" 

"You're needed near the river, everything will be explained there. Come as soon as possible, princess' orders." He says then walks away before I can answer.

I close the door and go to my kitchen. Huh, I wonder what happened.

***

I run up to the crowd of people next to the river.I push my way through, mumbling sorry every once in awhile. When I reach the front of the crowd I can't believe my eyes, the king lying in a boat, dead. His clothes were ripped, and it appeared he had many slash marks on his chest and some other places.

Julia looks back at me, tears in her eyes, I walk up to her and pull her in to a hug. It's obvious she needs to be comforted right now.

She stands on her tippytoes to reach my ear and whispers "I can't shoot the arrow, could you do it for me? Please."

I nod slowly and she hands me the bow and arrow. Seto sets it ablaze as they push the boat away from shore. I let it float away for a minute and then I shoot the arrow, and it lands in the boat. The fire spreads very slowly. but a few other soldiers shoot their firey arrows and they land in the boat. We all watch as the fire begins to grow, bigger and bigger.

I don't know who did this, but they are going to pay.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Just a short little chapter, I tried to write a funeral (?). They did the thing where people shoot the arrows at the boat and then burn. Best explanation. i saw it in a movie once, don't know if people actually did that or not, BUT get ready. Finale is coing in less than 10 chapters. PREPARE

Leave a:

Like

Comment

And

A follow if you wish

See you guys later, Bye!