The Beginning

It was dark and raining. He was walking away, away from me, I wanted to follow him but I can't even make a single step towards him. I wanted to call out for his name but I can't even breath. I suddenly felt like I'm drowning.

__________________________________________

(Sound of the Alarm Clock)

I fell and bumped my head on the floor. "Shit" I whisper in the air. I took the my clock and turn the alarm off. "Why is it always happening to me?"

"Chanel, are you okay?" that is Grandma being worried, as always.

"Yeah I am." I fake a smile. She is so dense. Is it really okay to have a nightmire and bumped yourself on the floor because of your damned alarm clock?

"Well, you should be ready . James will be here in a minute." reminding me of school.

"I will grandma. It will only take ten minutes and I'll be downstairs." I assured her and she left me.

Honestly, I am not the type of girl who waste time for choosing perfect outfit, applying make ups and fixing my hair. I once loved that stuffs but not anymore. After 10 minutes of fixing myself, I went downstairs for my breakfast. But speaking of the devil, he is already here.

"Hey, what took you so long?" is that how he greet his best friend?

"Tsk, not my fault you got here early." this is how we treat each other.

"The breakfast is ready. James, would you mind if you join us?" that was her role, to stop us before our little fight turns out into an argument.

"Well, it's ok-"

"No Grandma,we're running out of late. Besides, I lose my appetite already. Let's go James" I drag him outside before he can say a word. Eating breakfast with Grandma means trouble.

"You don't even let me take her offer, I'm starving dude." he always complain every morning. Dude, that's how we call each other. It ties our friendship.

"Well, not my fault you did not eat your breakfast at your house dude" I said sarcastically. I went to the backyard to get my back when he suddenly stop me. "What's your problem? We're going to be late?"

"Not anymore. Didn't I tell you that we are not going to ride a bike anymore?" he said wanting me to figure something. I know that look, and I'll bet I know what he means.

"Really? You've got the car?" I don't believe him.

"Well, what I want, what I get" he push the button of the key he is holding and he opens the door for me. "Ladies first" I hurriedly went to the passengers seat. "Easy dude" he whisper.

It will take 30 minutes trip before we get to school. 30 minutes of silence for me as I think of my dream. I find myself looking at him while he was peacefully driving. What if that dream will came out to reality? What if my best friend will leave me?

"What?" he looks back at me, giving me the 'why are you staring' look.

I come back to reality and looked away from him, "Nothing"

"Come on dude, I've known you for three years, I know there's something bothering you." I know where this conversation is going.

"I just have a nightmare. You, walking away from me. That's all."

"That is stupid. You know I'll never do that dude" giving me that serious look when he make promises.

"I know, just forget about it, it was just a nightmare anyway." I look outside the window realizing that we're here. I was about to go outside when I realize James was looking on someone. I sighed, "Can you please stop day dreaming already?" I always rebuke him. As always he is watching to the most popular girl in our school, Vanessa. She's a cheerleader and running for the Ms. McGill University. She's beautiful and she owns a perfect body, enough to seduce every guy in this university. But I don't find her pretty, she is rude, if you step on her way, better cross you fingers, cause she will make your life miserable. Unfortunately, I think my best friend has an interest to her but it's not my business anyway. James has his life and I don't want to control him. Cause at the end of the day, I am just his best friend.

"Hey dude! Open the door, we're late." I took him to the reality.

"Sorry" he opens the door and let me out.

"You know what? If you like Vanessa, you better court her, not stare her." I tease him. We are walking for our first class.

"Do you think I have a chance?" he asked me. Seriously?

"Are you really asking me dude? Well, you are not that handsome, not that physically fit, not that smart and too boring, so I guess you'll have 20 percent of chances." I laughed. I am just teasing him. James has everything a girl would ask for but I am an exception.

"You know what? Thank you, thanks for ruining my dignity" he said with disguise.

"Why would you ask me in the first place? You know me dude."

"Well, I know you, you are Chanel Lancaster, 17, you are too dense and-"

"Stop it James Anderson" I held him from his speech and cover his mouth.

"Wait, I'm not done yet." he took my hand and looked at me, "You are my best friend."

He got me there. My whole world stopped and all I can see is him. What would I do without my him? I just give him a smile. I cover his face with my hands and giggle. "You talk too much dude, let's go, we're going to be late for the Geometry" I left him from where he is standing.

"Wait for me" he shouted and follow me.

"Tell me, I got you there right?" can't he stop from talking. We were currently having our class discussion right now.

"Dude ,can you please stop already? It's not your business anymore." I bow down my head as what we always do when we talk in class.

"Ms. Lancaster and Mr. Anderson? Do you have something to share to the class?" this is why I want him stop.

And that's how I always start my day with him.