GRYFFINDOR CHAMPION

CHAPTER 10

GRYFFINDOR CHAMPION

"I have a new fear." Lyra said as she walked down to the Great Hall with the twins, Zabini lagged behind, "It's bugs. The feeling of bugs freaks me out. My hands still have tingles."

"Like these?" Fred said, before wriggling his hands along Lyra's shoulders.

She tightened her shoulders so her neck was covered and shivered away from the red head.

"You are a horrible human being." She glowered, her shoulders still up against her ears.

Fred cackled loudly, "I know, Little Lyra, I know."

George rolled his eyes, but returned the conversation to detention. "I don't know how much longer I'm gonna be able to take of detention with McGonagall, my hands are gonna be slimy for the rest of the year at this rate."

Lyra hummed in agreement as the three reached the Great Hall, decorated largely in Halloween and headed for the Gryffindor table, next to Lee and Fay. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Zabini headed for the Slytherins, where the Drumstrangs also sat.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron soon joined them.

"Nice hair, Lyra." Hermione said. Lyra only smiled and tossed her hair over her shoulder dramatically.

Fred jumped in, "I really hope it's Angelina."

"So do I! Well, we'll soon know."

But it seemed the feast was taking much longer than any of them had hoped. Lyra noticed that many students kept raising their heads to the goblet, just waiting for the tables to clear.

Finally, the tables cleared and the students fell silent instantly as Professor Dumbledore stood. "Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision, I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber where they will be receiving their first instructions."

With a sweep of his wand, the candle lights dimmed and brought a semidarkness to the room. The only lights were from the carved pumpkin candles and the blue flames from the goblet.

In seconds, the electric blue turned scarlet. Sparks began flying and a tongue of flames into the air leaving a charred piece of parchment. The students gasped as Dumbledore reached out to grab it and held it to the once again blue flames.

"The champion for Drumstrang will be Viktor Krum!"

The Great Hall boomed with cheers and applause as Krum rose from the Slytherin and walked towards Dumbledore and then walked in the direction that Dumbledore had said.

"Bravo, Viktor! Knew you had it in you!" Karkaroff cheered louder then the cheering of the crowd.

The clapping eventually died down as the attention returned to the goblet, where the flames once again turned red and a second parchment shot out.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour!"

The girl with silvery blonde hair, who was rumored to be a veela, stood gracefully and walked towards Dumbledore and then the chamber.