OF LOVE AND WAR

CHAPTER 30

OF LOVE AND WAR

*warning: topics of war, death, suicide, and depression included*

Amelia Knight waved from the platform as eleven year old Elliot Knight climbed onto the train, waving back. Unfortunately, he wasn't paying attention and when he turned, he crashed head first into another student.

"Ouch." The girl clutched her forehead. She was wearing a perfectly ironed blouse, tucked in nicely at her skirt. Compared to the stains on the knees of Elliot's jeans and his paint covered shirt, she looked like royalty.

"Ow. Sorry." Elliot said with a little laugh, fixing at his glasses. The other girl just glared at him.

"Watch it." she snapped before storming off towards the compartments. Elliot looked after her curiously but eventually shook his head and went the other way.

He couldn't find any empty compartments, so he settled for one towards the end of the train. Where he waved at a dirty blonde girl, about his age, and a sandy haired boy, also his age, and a raven haired boy.

"Hi, I'm Elliot Park."

The girl looked up from her book, "I'm Pandora Campbell."

The sandy boy waved at him, "Hi. Cillian O'Sullivan."

"Murphy. Eddie Murphy."

The group got along great, chatting the entire way to Hogwarts about what they had read, what they knew, what house they wanted. Elliot knew he had made friends for life

"Avery, Archer." Professor McGonagall called. Elliot stared, transfixed as a boy went up to the hat.

"SLYTHERIN"

The house cheered and Elliot clapped politely as the next name was called.

"Avery, Cassiopeia."

The girl Elliot had bumped into stepped up. She had changed to the school appointed clothes, not much different from her outfit before. Now she had a rhinestone headband, holding her hair back.

The hat waited longer to choose Cassiopeia's house, not by much but still it hesitated before calling, "SLYTHERIN"

The girl smiled and headed to the snake table. Elliot waited as more names were called until:

"Knight, Elliot." With shakier legs than he expected he stepped up, and sat on the stool. The hat falling over his eyes and the fraying hems snared at his glasses.

"Oh. What do we have here? It's been a while since I had a Knight. Muggleborn mother, she was a Hufflepuff. Pureblood father, a Gryffindor. Hmm, you would do well in both, in all in fact. Cleverness, stubborn, protective. Hmm, creative, very much so."

"RAVENCLAW" It called, Elliot smiled as he headed for the blue and bronze table. Welcome kindly by his fellow students. Pandora smiled as he took the seat next to hers. 

"KNIGHT!" Professor Griffiths yelled, chasing after the second year Ravenclaw. Elliot laughed as he ran from the paint soaked Defense professor.

"Over here." Whispered a voice and Elliot turned to see James Potter beckoning him into a hidden corridor. He squeezed in, turning to see Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew.