DINNER

CHAPTER 20

DINNER

"BIG DEAL! YOU'VE STILL BEEN HERE... BEEN STUCK AT THE DURSLEYS' FOR A MONTH! AND I'VE HANDLED MORE ... AND DUMBLEDORE KNOWS IT – WHO SAVED THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE? ... RIDDLE? WHO SAVED BOTH ... DEMENTORS?" Harry's voice sounded from the Extendable Ear that Lyra and the twins had been using to eavesdrop on the Order meeting, cutting on and off. 

The three looked at each other. "Guess we should go see what that's about." Fred said and smirked at Lyra.She turned to George who was also smirking at her. 

"No, don't you da-" With the loud snap they apperated. "Annnd they did it."

Ginny walked up from the first floor. "Is that Harry?"

"Yup. Guessing he's letting all of his anger out."

"Sounds like it. We should go."

Lyra nodded and they climbed the stairs to the second floor. 

"Oh, hello, Harry!" Ginny said brightly when they walked in, "I thought I heard your voice."

Lyra snorted, "Hey, Harry. How was your summer?"

"Oh, like you didn't hear how much it sucked, don't be so insensitive Little Lyra." Fred teased and Lyra fought back a laugh when she saw Harry's face.

"What's with your hair?" The boy asked and Lyra took a strand of blue between her fingers.

"Ah! Ginny dyed it in a dare. It's temporary so it should only last a month or so."

"You should have seen her dad's reaction." George snickered and she sent him her middle finger.

"By the way, it's no-go with the Extendable Ears, she's gone and put an Imperturbable Charm on the kitchen door." Ginny said, turning back to her brothers

"How d'you know?" said George, looking crestfallen.

"Tonks told me how to find out," said Ginny. "You just chuck stuff at the door and if it can't make contact the door's been Imperturbed. I've been flicking Dungbombs at it from the top of the stairs and they just soar away from it, so there's no way the Extendable Ears will be able to get under the gap."

Fred heaved a deep sigh. "Shame. I really fancied finding out what old Snape's been up to." 

"Snape!" said Harry quickly "Is he here" 

"Yeah," said Lyra, closing the door and sitting down on one of the beds with George; Fred and Ginny followed. "Giving a report. Top secret."

"Git,' said Fred idly. 

"He's on our side now," said Hermione reprovingly. 

Ron snorted. "Doesn't stop him being a git. The way he looks at us when he sees us."

"Bill doesn't like him, either," said Ginny, as though that settled the matter.

"Bill is a smart man," Lyra muttered.

"Is Bill here?" Harry asked, the anger seemed to deflate in him as his curiosity took over, "I thought he was working in Egypt."