The First Day Of Class

Chapter 2: Draco Malfoy

Sharing a room with Crabbe and Goyle is exactly as horrifying as it sounds. I hate that my father couldn't arrange with Dumbledore to give me a separate room this year. Apparently that room is only for the Head boy or Head girl of that year. Horrible.

Do they think I can sleep with their snoring? When I'm in my last year at this crappy school I'm going to be Head boy. I'll be the best one Slytherin can get. When I put on my uniform I look at myself in the mirror. I wanted this year to change. Change in a good way, but I don't know how. When Pansy went after Summer yesterday I didn't know what to do.

In some way I wanted to stop her. After all, what did she do to me that was so wrong? Nothing, but she's always been way to silent. I just can't figure out what is going on in her head. I guess going after her was easier than trying to talk to her. I know she hasn't the greatest past, neither do I, but she handles it different. Nobody is scared of her. I think everyone is of me.

When Pansy asked Goyle to push Summer into that wall so I could 'finish it', I didn't know how to say 'no'. After all, that's what I do. I belittle people because I like it. Also a part of me needs to do it from my father. I needed to know that I was a leader, not afraid of anyone. But if I didn't want to do it, I wouldn't.

With Summer it was always different, it's not like I didn't like her, she's just different. I don't know how to handle different, so it's easier to bully her. I am a coward. 'We need to go to breakfast, otherwise we'll be late in Snape's class', Goyle interrupts my thoughts and for ones, I'm glad he did.

(time skip)

When we walk in the great hall for breakfast I see Pansy sitting next to Crabbe who looks very annoyed. It's only because she has a short temper that she can hang out with us. Also because my father told me I should keep her close to me. I still don't know why, though. I walk to a seat and take place next to Grabbe and in front of Pansy who's conversation stops abruptly.

'What were you talking about?' I ask as casual as possible. 'Nothing'. I see she is dying to tell me, with one look I push her to do so.

'Okay fine, just look at your left but not too noticeable'. We look in the same direction at the same time. It must look dumb as if we were planning on something. 'I don't see a thing, Pansy'. She sighs deep. 'Are you serious, look at her, you know who, the girl with the long white hair', she keeps pointing in a direction.

'Draco just look at Summer', she whispers almost angry. And then I notice, I see Summer at the dining table. 'Why do I need to look at her?', I try to sound annoyed but I'm not. She has beautiful hair, she could definitely be a Malfoy. Why am I even thinking that?

'Look closely, come on, she is talking to Cheryl Rosier', she shakes her head as if she is frustrated. 'I mean, why would a girl like Cheryl talk to her? She doesn't even talk to me', Pansy sounds offended and I'm not the only one who notices.

'You're just jealous', Goyle laughs. 'Okay that's it, I can't handle you boys anymore', she gets up and walks out of the great hall, breakfast untouched.

'Please call her 'jealous' way more often, now I know how to get rid of her', I joke. It's silent for a moment but then Crabbe looks a bit weird at Summer and says: 'I've never seen her laugh before, she always looks so down'.

I look immediately at the direction of her but I missed it. I try not to look pissed. 'Why would we care if she laughs. She's weird everyone knows that'.

'We are the reason she feels that way', Goyle tells with an almost full mouth.

'Probably not, her family abandoned her, there must be a reason for that', I say as I try to figure out a way to change the subject. 'You know that reason, everyone knows'. And thanks to Goyle this conversation keeps going on.