Puddlemere United

Chapter 15: Summer Diggory

'It hasn't been the same since you are gone', Cedric lifts his shoulders while I ask about his holidays. We were already two weeks in January but this was the first time we properly spoke. 'How were yours?' he asks while we walk through the corridors, holding our books for our next class.

'I spent them with a lot of friends, including Oliver', I assure him and that makes him smile. I know he has been very excited about the news that Oliver likes me, but he knows just like everyone else that it's not mutual. He's very fond of Oliver and I'm not sure that it is because they are friends or because he took care of me all those years.

'Don't you miss being home sometimes?' I can feel he's hesitating but I try to answer as positive as possible. 'At first I did, but not anymore', I stop walking when I see Draco waiting outside of the classroom.

Cedric follows my gaze and still smiles, only less enthusiastic. 'When did that happen?' He asks curious and I know what he is talking about. After Draco and I talked everything through our last night in the Astronomy Tower we decided not to be officially together, as if that would help things. But we were constantly looking for contact and the past couple of weeks we've spent a lot of evenings together.

He always made my heart skip a beat, just like now. Standing against the wall, searching through the crowd. 'It's been going on for a while', I admit but my brother doesn't need to hear the details.

'As long as you are happy, I'm too', he pushes gently against my shoulder before someone yells his name. 'Cedric!', a boy around the same age as my brother runs towards us. A Ravenclaw.

'Damon!', Cedric greets his friend and I look back shocked at the boy in the blue uniform. Cheryl had told me something about her older brother the first day we spoke. He looks a lot like her with his light brown her and bright blue eyes. Damon looks at me and smiles when he notices me staring at him.

'You must be Summer', he greets me and we shake hands. I nod and get an approving smile from Cedric. 'I must thank you, I've heard what happened to my sister, sometimes she does stupid things', Damon says after a while.

'I love to help her', I raise my shoulders and he laughs. 'I believe that, you remind me a lot of Cedric', he says and Cedric seems to be pleased by that.

'We have to go', Damon nods in another direction and they both wave at me before leaving. Once I've arrived at Draco we look at each other but keep our distance. No one else needed to know about our agreement. 'We could skip this class', he suggests which makes me laugh. 'I don't think that is smart', I walk past him and he follows me in to Professor Snape's class.

(time skip)

We sat by the fire that night, not to close against each other, but close enough. I felt Angela's eyes on me but I didn't care. We hadn't really spoken about my whole situation with Draco but it felt good to have a secret. Draco told me lame story's about his past which made me laugh and he didn't push me to tell mine. Probably, because he knew that I didn't have a lot.

When I look past Draco I see Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle staring at us but they don't change their expression. They all look mad, as if I robbed them from their best friend. Maybe I robbed them from their leader, I realise and look back at Draco. His face perfect, his hair perfect. Everything perfect.

He's deep in his own thoughts and I wonder what had happened.

'I think I'm going upstairs', he whispers and stands up without giving me a chance to say goodnight. Angela walks over to me in an instant, raising one eyebrow and I roll my eyes. 'Are you finally going to tell what is happening?' she asks.