The Hospital

Chapter 7: Summer Diggory

I wasn't sure if my decision to skip class was as smart as I first believed, but I didn't regret. Dumbledore has been right about several things before, maybe I should give Draco a chance, maybe he wasn't as bad as I believed all those years.

I'm walking enthusiastically to the hospital. The hallways are way too busy and I wonder if something is going on.

I push myself past groups of students who are whispering at each other. Some of them look concerned and others, mostly Slytherins, with a grimace on their face. I walk past a crowd when someone reaches for my arm. I turn around in shock but am relieved when I see Oliver.

'Can we talk?' he asks and nods with his head towards the open square. I nod and follow him when he walks past the students until we finally find a way out of the hallway. When we're in the open square we don't talk and I feel uncomfortable, something I never have with Oliver. When we sit down on a bench that gives view to the overfull hallway, he still doesn't speak.

'Listen I am really sorry about our fight a few days ago', I start but he doesn't react. 'I'm just following my feelings, I think something is good about him and I honestly don't care if you believe that or not', I sound desperate and he knows that.

'Could you say something?' I ask. He puts one hand behind his head as if he needs to think.

'You know why all these people are standing there?' He points at the hallway. I shake my head. 'Why would I know?' Oliver raises his eyebrows and tries not to smile. It's not a happy smile, rather a 'I told you' glance.

'After the attack on Draco from that Hippogriff, his father got informed about the incident', he starts but I have to interrupt. 'You've heard about that?' I'm not even sure why that shocks me.

'Everyone has. However, his father is here and wants to let Buckbeak get killed.' I jump up now, all in confusion. 'They can't do that!' I almost yell.

'I've told you that they are not that pleasant, those Malfoys'.

Now I turn to him again, angry. 'That his father is up to something doesn't mean Draco agrees', I answer kill. Oliver stands up also. 'And how do you know that it wasn't his idea?' He whispers as if someone could hear us.

What if he is right about that? Would Draco want this to happen? I shake my head in frustration. As if he wants me to explode he adds one final sentence. 'Maybe you should hang out with the right kind of people'. Oliver sounds so sure of himself when I realise something. I turn to him with a vague grimace on my face.

'Really? The right kind of people?' I whisper. 'I guess you didn't know that Draco said that exact same sentence his first day at Hogwarts to Harry'.

He clearly doesn't know what to say about that. I walk away from him, quietly. 'Maybe none of us is that good', I finally say, knowing he has heard that and walk faster now.

(time skip)

I hate to act like this to Oliver, but he made me. I think at least. I hate him for making assumptions about Draco without knowing him but then I remind myself of something: do I know the real Draco?

I walk through the crowd of students again and wonder why anyone even cares about this happening. Or was it just because they wanted to see a real life formal death eater. I couldn't care less.

I walk up the stairs that lead to the hospital, hoping Draco wouldn't be gone by now. He has been there for at least two hours. Walking through the hall I hear some voices, as if they are in discussion. I walk forward and when I turn the corner I stop abruptly.