Care Of Magical Creatures

Chapter 6: Summer Diggory

'Have you talked to Draco yet?' Angela asks while she's putting on her uniform. I sit on my bed, my eyes focused on the drawer of my bedside table. Everything was going so good with Draco, now I made him mad at me for no reason.

'I haven't', I whisper. The last three days weren't the greatest ones. Beside the fact that I had a fight with Draco, I've been seeing Cedric everywhere in this castle as if he just wants to torture me. According to Neville, Oliver is not himself since our discussion and I want to make that right.

'You don't have to feel guilty, that's just the way he is.' Angela sits next to me now and hands over my tie. It's not the greatest accessory but it's part of my uniform so I have to wear it. I feel her eyes on me but instead of wearing my tie I turn to her.

'Do you believe Draco actually wants to be friends with me?' A vague smile appears on her face. 'You know what I think of him. I'm not sure if people can change that hard in less than a year. He also admitted that there were a few people who wanted him to be friends with you'. I see she feels uncomfortable about this subject but I need to talk to someone.

'Who would be the second person? I mean besides Dumbledore.' She lifts her shoulders to indicate she doesn't now. I stand up and walk over to our mirror. After putting on my tie, I add a necklace that Cedric gave me for my tenth birthday. Angela stand behind me and her eyes meet mine in the mirror.

'I haven't seen you wear that in a while'. She smiles at me. 'I realised that I can't run away from my past. He's been everywhere lately and I just need to talk with him'. I sound unsure but it's the truth, he is my brother, he can't escape from me anymore.

'I'm glad you say that', Angela sighs and I feel like she wants to tell more. 'What's wrong?' I turn around and she looks at the ground as if she is ashamed. 'It's not about your brother. It's about Draco', she says while walking towards her little desk.

'What about Draco?' I ask confused. She takes her cloak from her chair while she explains.

'I hope you won't hate me by saying this but maybe Dumbledore is right', she turns to me again. 'Right about what?' I ask to make sure if I understand this. 'Maybe Draco does need you, he's been acting so different since you started hanging out, almost like he was a little happy.'

I don't know what to say. Impossible. I look a little confused at her and take my own cloak from my bed without saying anything.

'We need to leave for our class with Hagrid', I say as if nothing happened. Luckily she follows my lead. 'I'm not sure what he was thinking when he let us buy this book'. Angela holds a hairy book before her with teeth on the side.

'I would not even open it, according to Fred it tries to bite of the reader's fingers', I laugh a little and take my own copy of it. 'The Monster Book of Monsters', I whisper.

(time skip)

Together with Angela and Cheryl I walk down the stairs to Hagrid's cabin for our class Care of Magical Creatures. We still don't say much to each other, at least Cheryl and I. My eyes are focused on the white haired boy a few meters in front of me, who looks even more annoyed than normally. I hear him arguing with Goyle about Hagrid.

'Unbelievable, they let him teaching to us. Is everyone going nuts?' He's almost yelling as if he wants everyone to hear him. I look down to the grass and think about the few moments I saw a glance of another Draco. The Draco who hopefully asked me if we were friends. I can't deny anymore that I do want to be friends with him, at least give him a chance.

There is something mysterious about him and his family, and for some reason I feel like it involves me too. Cheryl looks at me and even though we still haven't talked about the situation in the library she's been there for me.