Quidditch

Chapter 12: Summer Diggory

We had expected rain during the Quidditch match, but the real weather was way worse. I got up early, not only to talk to my brother and wish him luck - because I thought he deserved that - but also to support the Gryffindor team. I'm horrible, I can't even choose which team I'm actually supporting.

We had no classes today so I wasn't required to wear my uniform, which was great, Draco and I would sit together on the tribune.

'A dress or a skirt?' Angela asked me, holding up my favourite olive green dress and a regular black skirt. I know it was silly, dressing up for a boy. But it wasn't only for him, I had a good mood and wanted to look good. After we decided not to choose any of those two options, Angela almost jumped into my closet to find something else.

I sat on my bed, lost in my thoughts when I figured the drawer of my bedside table stood open a little. I open it and on top of my green notebook lays a pen. Angela is too busy looking for an outfit so I take the book out of the drawer and open it.

'We both have nightmares.' Was written on a new page in Draco's handwriting.

For some reason I felt guilty about that dream, he shouldn't have been with me when I fell asleep. Would he still think that I believe everything that happened was his fault? He has nightmares too, I realise and wonder what they would be about. Actually that isn't even hard to imagine, living with Lucius Malfoy is a nightmare itself.

But I remember he mentioned something about He-who-Not-Must-Be-Named, and having a bad dream about that seemed more logical.

'O what about this dress!' Angela yells and turns around with a radiant face. 'It's purple', I say hesitating. 'You love purple.' She points at me and back at the dress. 'But it'll look like I'm supporting Gryffindor,' I laugh and shake my head.

'Yeah, but honestly, don't you?' She's still smiling at me hopeful but puts the dress back in my closet. 'Okay, I get your point.' She dugs in my closet again without even noticing the notebook on my lap. I put the book back in its place and walk over to her, wearing my golden necklace again. She notices.

'That is great!' She yells and a few seconds later she holds a black dress with lace out of my closet and a belt with golden details. 'It matches the necklace.' Angela holds the clothes in front of me and I finally give in. 'The black dress it will be', I say smiling.

'You can wear your leather green jacket with it, and maybe your scarf. I spoke to Collin earlier today and according to him it's freezing outside.' I say that I'm okay with that suggestion and we spend another 30 minutes on her outfit.

(time skip)

In the Great Hall everyone is gathering around and forging bets about who will be the winning House. I believe in Gryffindor, but will never tell Cedric so. Angela put my hair in a crown of braids around my head and even though I didn't like the idea, I like result.

'Summer!' Cedric yells and points that I should come to him. He's eating breakfast with some of his Hufflepuff friends and I feel stupid to sit with them but after all I do it. He shuffles up a little and introduces me to his friends.

'I'm sure everyone here already knows, but this is my little sister Summer', he says, laying his hand on my shoulder. Some people smile at me and others say it's great that I finally hang out with them. It still feels awkward.

'Summer, this is Hannah Abott,' he points to a blonde girl from my age and I wave shy at her, 'and this is Justin Finch-Fletchley,' the boys smiles at me and I recognize him from some of my classes.

'It's nice to meet you', I say to be polite. Justin reaches out his hand to me and I shake it. Last year, when Draco and Harry needed to disarm each other in front of our whole year, Harry started speaking Snake language to the snake that Draco had conjured.