Dear Summer

Chapter 11: Summer Diggory

Cedric was waiting for me on the tribune next to the Quidditch field, his arms tight around him. It was December, I should study for my tests, but here I was, on my way to my brother. I keep standing on the field, looking at him.

He seems lost in his own thoughts, just like I always am, maybe we do look like each other. I can't see it. It made me think about something Draco told me, how much I don't look like my family.

All of them have brown hair, brown eyes and a fair skin. I have white hair and green eyes, which doesn't make sense. I stare at him without moving, without realising I'm lost in my own thoughts too.

Our nightly escape into the Chapel was playing before my eyes. The way we laughed, the way we were scared to dead our parents would find out. All those memories, one for one good. Until Hogwarts came in sight. How could a school ruin my whole life? Wasn't it supposed to build my life up? Was I the only child that had been abandoned by her parents because of being sorted into a House? Why didn't this make sense after all?

Something changes before me, and my memory of a smiling Cedric disappears and takes place for the boy standing on the tribune. We keep staring at each other, until finally he waves unsure and I just lift my hand but drop it after a second. There was no escape now, so I walk over to the stairs that lead to him. Each step slower than the other.

Finally, I'm at the top and look at the view, while I feel his gaze on me. I didn't feel the need to cry, which was new to me.

'Hey', he whispers and I turn to face him. 'Hey', I answer unsure. He make a gesture with his hand that I can sit next to him but instead of that I leave a little space before I sit down. I don't look at him but focus my eyes on the field. It's foggy outside and the weather over all looks kind of sad, just like my mood.

'I'm glad you came', he says a little hoarse. I'm not into this sentimental talk. 'What's wrong with your voice?', I ask instead.

'We have a lot of Quidditch practise the last days, it's cold I ...', but he stops and shakes his head, as if this isn't the point at all. And really, it isn't. 'We need to talk', he continuous serious when I don't say anything.

'You told me that in your letter', I take his folded letter out of my leather jacket and wave it in front of his face. Before he can tell anything else I add sarcastically: ''Dear Summer', what a great start, how come it didn't say 'dear Serpent', because that's after all what I am, isn't it?'

He holds his hand up to keep me quiet. 'Please, I know I deserve that, but I really want to make things right.' I could tell there was honesty in his voice but the mad part of me wanted him to suffer.

'You know, the last time I left my bedroom I didn't expect it to be the last time in... what is it now? The last time in 3 years?' I laugh at my own thoughts but no smile comes from his face.

'That part isn't my fault', he whispers but gets confident again. 'Mom and Dad didn't want me to talk to you, otherwise they would send me away to', he says quiet, but still confident. I stare at his eyes not understanding what he just told me. He shakes his head and looks at the ground.

'I don't think they meant it, but it was enough to scare me', he admits but I can't react. 'I never understood why our parents acted to you like that, but I always tried to be there for you, don't your remember?' I did remember.

When our father would yell at me, Cedric gave me a hand, when our mother would show how disappointed she was in something I did, he would tell me how great I was. It's like these memories were lost for a long time and now decided to come back.