Sirius Black

Chapter 19: Summer Diggory

Cheryl dragged me out of my room and confronted everyone who dared to laugh with me. She was protective over me, I hadn't expect that. Against my expectations, there were a lot more people who felt sorry for me than I thought.

Draco hadn't made himself popular, I still didn't know why he would do this. The first person who ran towards me when I entered the Great Hall was my brother, who left behind a worried Justin and Hannah. The whole Hufflepuff team supported me and Hannah told me her first love story in secret. The two of us sat at the corner of the Hufflepuff table and she leaned a little forward.

'Love is horrible, you know? My first boyfriend dated me as a joke and told everyone the things I trusted him to keep a secret. It's a little bit like your story with Draco', she says unsure but I can't answer. I smiled at people who told me how stupid Draco was for doing this, but inside I felt dead. As if a part of me was ribbed out.

I would've considered going to the dark side for him, probably he only laughed about that. Angela joined us after a while, her presence made me feel a lot calmer for some reason. She lays her hand on my arm, trying to find my eyes. I won't look at her but smile at the table. 'At least you're going home. That's a good thing, right?' She tries and I look up. 'I hope', I say very honest.

I wasn't looking forward to anything at this moment. Why would I? Draco had laughed about everything I told him, the way my parents broke me, how I got into fights with Oliver, going to the dark side for Draco. It was all a joke for the boy I loved. He still has our notebook, I realise and shrink at the idea of him laughing in his bedroom about the things I wrote.

Hannah sees it happening and changes the subject. 'Maybe we can go outside with some of your friends? We can enjoy our last days of the school year', she suggests and I nod while standing up. Angela follows us and without realising Cedric joins too. He takes my hand in his hand.

'You're not alone in this', he promises and I hold on to that thought. 'Remember what I've said?' Angela asks after a while and I knew what she was talking about. She still didn't believe Draco had done this and for some reason Cedric wasn't convinced about that either. We sat down on a big rock on the outside of the castle, looking at Hagrid's cabin. Cedric followed my gaze.

'Buckbeak got killed, didn't he?' But I'm too lost in my thoughts to answer. 'A few days ago', Angela answers, not looking at him.

'Draco didn't want that', I whisper hoarse and Cedric takes me closer to him. 'If we go home I'm taking you to our little candy shop. You like that, don't you?' A vague smile appears on my face and I nod.

We used to go there as kids, the small room filled with the tastiest candy's. I could almost smell them. A lot of students were outside, it's like Sirius Black had been totally forgotten. I felt a headache coming again and let my head rest in my hands.

'What are you looking at?' I hear a voice hissing behind me and feel like I need to vomit. I turn around and see Draco followed by Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy walking towards a group of students.

'Get them!' Draco yells at his friends and the two boys ran over to take two Hufflepuff girls by their cloaks, while Pansy can't stop laughing. I couldn't believe my eyes, it was like my third year had never happened. I was stuck in my second year again. His eyes narrowed evil at his victims, his voice hissing instead of being soft. I get dizzy.

Cedric notices and takes me by my arm before standing up. 'We should go', he whispers and Angela and Hannah follow us. When we walk past them they narrow their eyes on us, Draco still furious and Pansy almost excited.

'Another Hufflepuff girl', Draco looks over to Hannah and snaps his finger in Goyle's direction. Goyle releases the other girl and walks over to Hannah who hides behind Cedric, her eyes panicked. 'Don't you cry', Draco laughs at her without even giving me a look.