New Year's eve

Chapter 14: Draco Malfoy

It's cold in our House and everything is dark. My father invited some of his old friends including the fathers of Crabbe and Goyle. So here I am, in the Malfoy Manor spending New Year's evening with two idiots. Not even a Christmas tree. No lights. Nothing.

While our parents are talking about future plans, Crabbe, Goyle and I are in my bedroom talking about nothing. I stare out of my window into our giant front yard, outside it's getting dark even though the sky is always grey. I begged my father to spend the holidays at the castle, only for one particular reason: Summer.

Why would I otherwise want to be in that awful place? But he told me I couldn't because he had a reputation to keep up. The reputation of a loving family who wants nothing more than be together on Christmas and New Year. I think my mother saw right through me, because the hours after I asked them to go back to the castle she was only talking about 'the Diggory girl'.

That girl makes me crazy. I did not expect her to buy something to give me on Christmas, but it would've been nice. I hope she was happy with my present. The thought of her and Blaise together in the common room on Christmas night makes me want to vomit. The thought of her and Oliver together in the castle on Christmas on the other hand, makes me want to kill him.

An annoying voice in my head told me she'd already forgotten about me and I couldn't help but feel sick. Why was she doing this to me? Why did she have to be in the Astronomy Tower that night? But even though how hard I'm trying to convince myself she made my life a disaster, I know I'm lying. She made my life worth again. I had something to live for, and it was her.

I even read a mudblood book for her, I must be desperate. The voices of Goyle and Crabbe interrupt my thoughts and I look back at them, sitting in my two leather chairs.

'I can't wait until that happens, can you imagine having so much power?', Goyle says mysterious and Crabbe laughs. 'Paying back everyone that stood in our way', Crabbe adds with an evil smile. When I cough they look at me, afraid again.

'I hope you are not talking about what I think', I say a little hoarse. They look at each other not knowing what to tell. 'I thought you were looking forward to what is coming?' Crabbe says hesitating and I get up from the bench on my window.

'Aren't you ever afraid of what is about to happen? Your family could die', I remind them but sigh when I see that they don't care. 'Come on Draco, you're going to have so much power', Goyle tries to cheer me up but it doesn't work.

'You can go after everything that one's bothered you', Crabbe adds and I feel like I need to vomit. 'Great', I tell them, lying of course but it brings a smile on their faces anyway. While they talk further about destroying people they hate, I write a letter for Summer without even realising what I'm doing.

I can't do this, I think. Being honest against her feels good, like I can be myself. But she's the only one who knows me that way, for Crabbe and Goyle I'm still the boy who hates everyone and seeks for power. But what if I don't want to be that?

(time skip)

Chapter 14: Summer Diggory

'Ron don't eat the whole pie!' Fred yells over our table and everyone starts laughing again. With the result that Ron wasn't happy anymore for a few minutes. 'Taste this pie!' George bumps into my shoulder and puts his fork in the direction of my mouth. I take a bite and my eyes widen. That should be the greatest pie if ever eaten.

'Oh wow!', I say smiling and Justin gives me a whole piece of that pie. For a change, Oliver and I aren't sitting together which is quite nice, although, I love his presence. He's smiling at something Harry told him and I'm glad to see him this happy. I sit between Hannah and George.