Chapter 1-Waffles

I raised my left eyebrow as soon as I saw a car approaching outside our plane.

I immediately stood up and walked towards the door. I took off my sunglasses as I went down the stairs.

Wow, Jaguar car?

Never knew my family owned one of this.

A guy went out the car and helped the guards put my things inside the car. I look at him with no face expression. He looks young, are my parents into young drivers now?

He was wearing a longsleeve polo insert on his black pants. He was also wearing sunglasses.

I thought my parents were going to pick me up. Great.

He opened the car door for me as I immediately went inside.

I sighed as soon as he went inside and started driving.

its been years and Im finally back here in London.

Ive been in New York to study college. Right after college, I started my very own and very first business with the help of my parents,of course.

I was planning to visit here for Christmas but things happen even when you dont want it to.

"Can we stop over for some waffles please" I wore my sunglasses again as I told the driver

I haven't eaten yet and its already quarter to 8 in the morning.

He pulled over and I immediately went out to get waffles.

I stopped walking as soon as I noticed it was crowded. I mean not that crowded but I realized out of all the people inside, I came alone.

I dont want to feel lonely inside a very "people-ish" place.

Was that even a word?

I took a few steps backwards and found my driver leaning on the car looking at me.

He's hot, and I cant deny that.

"Well aren't you gonna come with me?" I asked and I rolled my eyes

He walked and I waited for him to come first. Then I followed him.

Well at least I've got company for breakfast here in London after years of being away.

He doesn't talk, why is that. Hmm whatever

As soon as we found a table, we sat down and the waitress went to us to take our order.

"What's best for breakfast here?" I asked. I mean its my first time in this place.

At least I stayed despite the crowdedness.

"Grilled cheese waffles-wich sliders,mam" she said and looked at the guy infront of me.

"okay, Ill have one and just water" I said, she wrote it down on the paper "is that all mam?" Then he looked at the guy infront of me again

I look at the guy infront of me and waited for his order.

Do I still have to say it for him? Does he eve know how to talk?

"Just one bottle of water" he smiled and took off his glasses. The waitress looked at him and smiled.

After taking our order, she cant stay to flirt, she needs to work her ass so she went away.

I just look at him with a 'really?' face.

My phone rang and took it out in my bag. It's Manuel.

I turned my phone off and placed it back inside my bag. I didnt want to answer the call, I dont feel like it.

Manuel is a guy in New York. He's sometimes annoying. He talks a lot. I bet he does not even know to keep it shut.

He's been wanting to take me out for a date but I never said "yes" or "okay" or "sure" because I dont want him to keep his hopes high.

i mean we went out for dinner one time but with our friends. So it wasnt a date

He does not understand the statement 'I dont like to date you'

He forces things and its really annoying.

"Penny for your thoughts?" The guy infront of me asked.

"wow, you talk?" I joked.

He chuckled "very funny. Im in shock you managed to stay in here despite its crowded"

"Yeah, I couldnt take another minute or hour for a drive just to get breakfast" I tols him.

IM IN the middle of my breakfast food and he was just on his phone.

I wiped my mouth with a tissue and asked "are you sure you're good with water alone?"

He put his phone down and said "already ate breakfast before I came to pick you up"
I remembered the thought of him picking me up and not my parents.

Dont they wanna see their daughter after how many years?

"oh about that, why didn't my parents pick me up instead?" I asked him and drank my water.

"You know theyre always busy"

"Yeah Like busy preparing for my fixed marriage" I said as I rolled my eyes

It took him a few seconds to say something

"Things like that is hard.. You just gotta know him better before you even get married" he said and looked back on his phone

I looked down and nod.

He called the waitress and asked for the bill.

The waitress asked for a picture. A picture with my driver. cool

He insisted to pay for the bill and I wasnt in the mood to argue about it.

I just wanted to go home.

I still feel sad about getting married to someone I dont even know YET.

It feels really sad to marry someone you never dreamed of marrying to.

And Im not yet ready to settle on things like this.

We went outside and headed our way to the car.

I turned on my phone and received 6 unread messages and 4 missed calls from Madison.

Madison, my sophomore bestfriend. My sister from another family.

Madison

Cant wait to see youuuu 💗💗

omg wait

your brother is telling me that you are going to get married?

damn and who is this lucky guy

we got a lot of things to catch up

hey answer my calls but
still, ill see u xoxo

I missed her and her messages made me smile

I replied to her messages and turned off my phone.

"you should really sleep. We still got half an our to get to your home." The guy beside me said and smiled

Right, I forgot I sat down in the passenger seat.

I WOKE up just in time for the driver to do the thumbnail checker for the gate to be opened.

Great, some things are still the same.

I actually thought they took that down after my brother told me it started to burn.

We finally arrived at home. Thank the Lord.

I dont know if Im ready to see my parents again.

The driver parked the car infront of the house. The guards got my bags and brought it inside.

I went out of the car but before I could go inside the house, I turned back to the driver and asked

"Hey, what should I call you?"

He took off his sunglasses and said

"Well, Im Bradley Will Simpson and you.." he paused and points at me

"you are Trinity Sapphire Karsten, my fiancée"