part-2

Bhuvi's pov-

I just can't believe it's all real. After all these years coming so close to this trophy and letting it slip from our hands. We are here today. We are finally here. We are finally standing proud with the dreams of millions of people coming true today.

Their hopes, their belief, their love, and their support being proven right today. I can't, just can't even imagine or find words in all the languages I know that can define my feelings, the emotions I'm feeling right now.

It's the wordless things like yelling from the top of Everest, yelling in the depth of the seas with happy bubbles and echoes are the things that define my feelings and also those of my brothers, right now.

Today when I'm holding this prestigious trophy - the 2023 world cup trophy in my hands. I'm just a total mess of emotions. Emotions, I can't just vocalize. It's the odd hooting, shouts, cheek tearing grins and tears that defines those feelings now.

It's like a dream come true. We as a team, as a family, as brothers have finally won it. I can't believe there was a time, a time where I thought I won't fit in between these crazy people. But right now, I was right at home. My home. My brothers, my family, we all have won this together. This is the best feeling in the world but you know why I feel even happier.

It's because the person whom I have always Called "my chotu" is the man of the match and yes, he is also the man of the tournament. Thus, becoming the first bowler in the history of cricket to be awarded with this coveted trophies together. And I know he deserves this.

Virat knows he deserves this if anything by the way he was hugging Jassi in a bear hug, jumping like a kangaroo and yelling things that would have made his mother wash his mouth with soap–looking like he got the Man of the tournament and not, Jassi was to be taken in consideration.

Virat, Rohit, Shikhar, Jaddu, Jinks, we all did this together. Virat fought with everyone to make sure we weren't separated. He made sure we were in this together for one last time.

Rah, Harry, Yuzi, Kul, Shrey fought tooth and nail and gave their everything to win this. They didn't even once complain, question or show even a little bit displeasure or doubt on Virat's decisions. They did everything for the team.

They went with it. They went with everything standing in front of seniors and trolls like a wall made of diamonds.
Proving, once and again, why they are in the team and why no, one is allowed to point fingers at their brothers and question him on giving them chances.

I can't explain the feeling, the emotion we were going through the moment we put Mahi Bhai on our shoulder gave him the lap he deserved.

The lap he deserved as the best captain, best brother, best guide and motivator on the whole planet and also for putting up with all the crazy things we did. For always having our back. For always loving us.

  The lap he always deserved more than anyone else and the lap we failed to give him in the 2019 world cup. But today we did it. Today, we gave our brother everything he deserves. Everything he deserves for showing faith in us and always believing we could do it.

All this will always remain as one of the best moments of my life. I don't think, I felt this happy ever. I wasn't this happy on even my wedding day. I can't, just can't explain this feeling in words. The craziness I'm feeling, I'm laughing and crying. I'm hugging and jumping and dancing.

And it feels I'm drunk. Drunk on happiness and joy. Every one of us seems drunk to be truthful.

Everyone around me is so much happy. I can only see happy faces all around me. There are tears in my best friend's eyes...tears of happiness accompanied by the joy of winning the world cup. The feeling of finally doing it.