Part-4

Rahul's pov- 

 Finally we have won the 2023 World cup. My dream is finally fulfilled . The dream of winning this prestigious trophy with my role model. I have always admired Virat since my playing days and today , I can't believe that I am part of that team which won the world cup under Virat's captainship. 

 Virat bhaiya (yeah, I can call him bhaiya in mind. For as far as I'm aware he can't read minds yet. No matter what Kulya believes) and Ro Bhai are so happy. Well, the first time I personally met Virat bhaiya it was in RCB and at that time I fell in love with Vi-ABD bond. It was just surreal. I never thought I ever will have such a bond with anyone.

Then I got selected in the national team and got to witness another series of surreal bonds. They seem to be to good to be true. Bonds that made Vi-ABd bond normal in front of them. The national team had taught me many things about relationships and the true meaning of one for all and all for one. I never thought I'll get big brothers, younger brothers and bestfriends (who acts like annoying twins most of the time) at the same place.

I never thought their will be people who'll understand my moods, my feelings, my nature better than me. But then here am I with a bunch of airheaded idiots who just excel exactly in that department. Even when I don't express my feelings they get it. I don't know how?? For I'm sure they aren't mind readers. No matter what Kulya or Shubh says I won't believe it.

 After being part of ICT, I've gain a new family. A totally crazy family. A family that define all type of goals. I don't think among the seniors I can choose any friendship goal without undermining the other whether it's Rohirat, Vinks, Shikhrat, Ravirat or Ashrat. They have been friendship goals to us (No offense to any other pair out there) but for us as their juniors, as the youngsters they define friendship goals to us.  And after being a part of ICT, I understand and learnt to not take media seriously.

It wasn't an easy journey and yes, Virat in his oh-so brotherly tone told me "I've said this like ages ago, didn't you hear my interview in Aap ki Adalat? I've spoken for the betterment of the world "News walo ki itna nhi suna krte". You should follow my advice and interviews Rahuliyaa."

Yeah, My Virat bhaiya can be quite overbearing but I love him nonetheless.

 Currently, everyone is enjoying . The environment is full of happiness. Harry is pulling me to dance with him on a so called English song. And even I can't deny him today, after all we have just won the world cup. The dream of a billion people is fulfilled today . The dream of seeing their favourite team win . The dream to see Mahi Bhai getting lap of honour .

I've won the first world cup of my life. I couldn't win the u-19 one. And after that the world cup I played, we lost. I can't define that feeling. The uncertain feeling that rises through the depths of my bones and screams in the middle of night "IT's your fault." But finally, I can let that feeling to rest in peace.

I was watching as Jaddu Bhaiya tried his best to make Mahi bhai dance and then their was Virat who looked ready to join Jaddu in this impossible quest. I caught Virat's eyes and he flashed me one of his crazy grins and did some step gesture. I couldn't get at all.

 I have never said this but today I'm saying this " I admire Mahi Bhai a lot. He is Virat's elder brother so in that way he is my elder-elder brother in Virat bhai's language quote Jhesth Bhrata unquote."

God, I don't know why I remember every single word Virat has ever spoken to me?

Suddenly, there was a loud yell. IT felt like someone is yelling directly in my ear.

End of pov.

Rahul woke up abruptly. His phone was still yelling "INDIA LIFT THE WORLD CUP AFTER 28 YEARS" in Ravi sir's voice.