Part-9

Virat was sitting with the boys with an expression of utter helplessness on his face. They had been sitting like that for past few minutes, exchanging ideas and theories of what might have happened with them? They have gone through what was their last clear memory before waking up in the past? They have watched every movie made on time travel and read all the books on that subject too but till now they couldn't find anything that could explain their situation? And time was slipping away from their hands.

Just a few minutes ago, the national team for India Vs NZ test series was declared and Virat's name was in the team though even the prospect of playing with Sachin paji, VVS Lakshman again couldn't uplift Virat's mood. Virat was sulking and Bhuvi was oscillating between endearment and annoyances regarding one Virat Kohli.

Rahul, Kul and Jassi were enjoying their bickering and sulking with popcorn while they themselves whined about the upcoming months. Rahul still couldn't get over the fact that he had to do B.com again. He was drowning in gloom and misery every time his college was mentioned or brought up during conversation. So, they were sitting together again discussing theories and trying to come to some conclusion or find a way back in their time.

 Because according to Harry potter "Awful things happen to wizard who meddle with time," and Bhuvi had really hit Virat with the Harry potter and POA book when Virat mumbled "Thankfully we aren't wizards. So we can meddle with time and no, awful thing will happen to us or are we wizards?? Are we secret Wizards Bhoovy? Now, this just sounds like moony"

Rahul, Jassi and Kul just cackled madly watching Bhuvi's miffed expression and Virat's "geez, I was joking. No, need to get touchy Bhuviii"

It was only the ringing of Virat's phone that saved him from Bhuvi's ire. Grinning goofy at Bhuvi, Virat answered the call and immediately pulled the phone as far as possible from his ear. Still, all of them could clearly hear the caller from the other end yelling on the top of his voice.

"Virat Prem Kohli!!!! How can you betray me like this? Aren't you ashamed of yourself? Not even a little. I'm so disappointed on you. How can you? Oh god, I can't believe you will do something like that without me?" The mixture of whiny, annoyed, angry tones coming from his phone could belong to only one person. Virat thought highly amused as he looked around him. Rahuliya was trying yet failing spectacularly trying to hide his grin so was Jass. Kul was hiding behind a book laughing, no doubt. And Bhuvi looked stuck between groaning and grinning.

"What did I do now Jad?" Virat couldn't help but ask as innocently as possible and Jad blasted again from the other end of the call.

"What did you do? You Bloody idiot, you went in a gang war without me? How can you do this to me??? How will I show my Rajput warrior skills if you go to wars without even telling me? Aren't you ashamed of jumping in war without your general? I thought I was your bestie Viii, you wounded me greatly by your actions..." Virat didn't know whether to laugh or cry hearing Jaddu's words. God time travel or no time travel, Jaddu was same in all universes.

"Gang war? What gang war? I was in no gang war. It was just a mild scuffle, trying to teach lessons to some bullies. And you weren't even here" Virat accused Jaddu as he continued with his questions "How was I supposed to involve you? And how do you know about this?"

"I would have managed somehow and I have my ways" Jaddu spoke mystically as if he was the wizard of oz himself and Virat snorted.

"Yeah, the players being of Saurashtra didn't have anything to do with it right" Virat questioned Jaddu innocently smirking as he noticed Bhuvi looking like he was itching to scold both of them for being such immature beings.

"No, absolutely, not though I might have scolded some people" Jaddu answered sagely then again went being his usual Jaddu self as he taunted Virat "BTW you know, no one gave me a special exclusive tour of Delhi and didn't even take me to the famous parathe wali gali. I'm craving a paratha right now,"