7. The Elements of Harmony - Part 1

Canterlot Castle...

Canterlot...It was home to many rich and royal ponies because of its status as the capital of Equestria. Many would love to live there and some ponies would absolutely refuse it because of the snobbish attitude of some of the residents there. Indeed, some ponies who lived there believed that they were better than some "country-living-ponies" who lived in other towns. This was because a lot of citizens were either very successful in some kind of business in Equestria or because they were simply born in a rich family. But what might also be a reason was that among them the most important pony in all of Equestria lived.

Visible from far away, one could see the huge castle that was towering almost above the whole city. It was home of none other than the pony who ruled over Equestria for many many years now, the pony that would raise and lower the sun and the moon every single day, Princess Celestia. She was the only publicly known Alicorn in Equestria, a pony that shares traits from all the pony races, like wings of a Pegasus and a horn, like the ones that Unicorns have.

In this very moment, the princess looked worried about something as she silently walked through the castle until she eventually arrived at a balcony and looked up at the night sky, at the moon to be precise. She would often do that but this time she looked especially concerned about something. The more she looked at it the more she seemed to be in thoughts, it was as if she was hypnotized.

Soon, she moved her head towards the distance, far away from Canterlot. In the direction she was looking at was one little town. It was Ponyville. She had her sight focused on this direction for a while before she turned around again and returned inside her castle. She most certainly had planned something, but that something had to wait for the next day...

The next day in Ponyville...

It was quite a nice and beautiful day in Ponyville, so much that Summershine, Brilliance, Crash, Happytrade, Lightbeam, and Nightsky decided to spent it outside with a picnic on an open grass meadow. Right now, they were still setting everything up for it by placing some plates and food on the blanket.

"Oh no, don't tell me..." Happytrade said in a nervous tone as she was looking inside the picnic basket to look for something. "I forgot the plates! Of all the things that could happen, this is the WORST POSSIBLE- Oh! There they are!" She then said happily once she found the plates inside the basket and put them on the blanket.

The rest of the group was already enjoying this picnic, even though it didn't really start yet.

"It really is a beautiful day today, isn't it?" Lightbeam said as she looked up at the clear sky while she stretched herself a little.

"It sure is!" Crash replied happily before he sat down next to her. "I just hope nothing happens to interrupt our picnic now," he added.

"Me too," Summershine said. "I would like to spend a day with all of my best friends without worrying about something for once," he shared with his friends, who were agreeing with him on that.

Brilliance, however, had to point out something. "Not all," she simply said.

She was referring to that not all friends were complete at this moment and that there was still one missing. This quickly made the mood drop a little in the group and most of them began to frown.

"So much for ruining the moment," Nightsky threw into the round while he scratched his head a little.

Summershine was the only one who didn't get sad or anything. "Come on, don't act like that now," he said to his friends with a smile on his face. "We should see him again soon. He has to see his parents too sometimes. And it's not like we can never see him within that time," he added before he looked over to Canterlot, the place where his last friend was at, at this very moment. Hearing that, made all the others look over to Canterlot as well, but with a smile on their faces now.