26 : 𝘏𝘺𝘶𝘯𝘢𝘦

"Jeongguk or Namjoon are fooling you. I can't tell who though.", Jimin mumbles under his breath.

"What are you even talking about?", Taehyung asks, with furrowed eyebrows and fisted knuckles on his sides.

"Look.", Jimin orders handing the other the document.

Taehyung takes it and scans through the words to find anything that may make him question.

'If under a year the couple divorce the one who intended it will get half share of the business from the other party'

"It's Namjoon. He's the one fooling me. That bitch knew about these documents. He's the heir and no joke he wants the 'Jeons' half business.", Taehyung mumbles under his breath, his heart clenching in his chest.

His own brother is using him

"This proves how Jonghu is desperate for Kim business. I'm surprised he didn't convince Jeongguk to divorce you yet. I'm pretty sure Jonghu is the one who wrote this deal.", Jimin informs, anger rising. "Namjoon was up to something this whole time."

"Let's keep it low. I won't divorce Jeongguk, I never planned to. Jonghu will get the news soon about me divorcing him, which will be happening in our family's eyes."

"Tae, call your father. Something is very wrong about your mother. I just have a feeling Namjoon is faking the mother drama. Ask your father about this.", Jimin insists, nudging the younger male.

"No he wouldn't. He can't fake our mother.", Taehyung retorts back his eyebrows knitting together.

"Tae, just ask."

The younger male just nods. He sighs heavily as he takes out his phone and dials his father's number, not bothering to look for his number in his saved contacts.

"Hello, Tae. Oh my god, son. You called after months. How are you?"

Guilt crawls up to Taehyung. He was really angry at his father but he wished he didn't ignore his father the way he did. His father is not a bad man. He stayed when his mother left. He took care of him and Namjoon. His father is just a sad lonely man who just wants the best for his sons.

"I'm fine Dad. I'm sorry I didn't call for so long. How are you?", the young male replies back, with a sad sigh leaving his lips.

"I'm fine. I just miss my son. I should be the one apologizing. Tell me are you happy? Are you happy Jeongguk?"

"You don't know?", Taehyung asks, with shock lacing in his voice. He looks over to Jimin who looks back with confusion as the speaker wasn't on. Taehyung realizes as he turns the speaker on.

"What do I not know?", a hoarse voice asks through the phone.

"Ah, nothing. I was actually talking to someone else at the same time. It was just the modeling crew. Dad I actually need to ask somethings about Mom."

"Mom? You want to know about Hyunae? Why so suddenly?"

"I never really asked about her after she disappeared. You probably thought I didn't care but I did. I was just shocked so I never asked. Can you please be honest about what happened to her?", Taehyung asks, swallowing a big lump growing in his throat.

A sigh comes from the other side of the phone.

"She disappeared. Vanished out of existence. I looked for her. I couldn't find her until I got a call. Just before I go there, Taehyung you really don't know how connected we are to Jeons. Eunhae, Jeongguk's mother and Hyunae were in love. I was in their friends group. We and couple other friends were just like family. I can't even explain the love Euhae and Hyunae held for each other. They were perfect for each other. Then Eunhae's father found out and married her off to Jonghu. He was cruel to her. He thought she was a disgust. Hyunae started drinking a lot and we both ended up, drunkly making Namjoon. Hyunae was tired of everything and asked me to marry her. I agreed because we were going to have a child. You were soon born after our marriage. It wasn't a failed marriage but we never fell in love with each other. After years we get a call from Eunhae's mother who was crying. Eunhae committed suicide. It hurt your mom a lot. Your mother loved her. The next day she disappeared.", a deep sigh comes from the other side of the phone.

Taehyung's eyes were wide with tears present in them. Jeongguk went through his mother's suicide. He looked towards Jimin who looked back with mouth agape.

"Then?", a shaky voice leaves off the young male.

"She loved you Tae. She loved Namjoon. She held so much love in herself."

"What happened?", Taehyung asks with a crack in his voice.

"Her body was found in the Geumho River- after couple o-of d-d-days.", a shaky answer leaves from the elder man.

Taehyung drops on the ground with furious tears leaving his eyes. Jimin's eyes widen as he crouches down beside him. The shorter male brings the other in his embrace with his own tears rolling from his cheeks.

"Never blame her, Tae."