Chapter 20: My Defiance in Love

"He loved me. I felt thrilled; however, his feelings for his past lover seemed to be screaming louder - even when we were still together. In the end, I know that he will get over these feelings for me, but I won't get over my feelings for him..." I read in my head, tapping my index finger next to the keyboard.

I had a writer's block again (it didn't seem like my usual tactics were doing the trick) my mind only went to what happened a few weeks ago - when that whole sleepover thing that Julian wanted. I barely looked at Luke and he was too busy paying attention to Amanda - so was Amanda with Luke. I can still remember the conversation I had with James when he came into the office a couple of days ago.

~FLASHBACK~

The elevator door opened, allowing me and my other colleagues to roll while some stayed in the elevator - waiting for their floor to arrive.

"Good morning," I greeted my other colleagues that greeted me or walked past me.

Coming closer to my office desk, I confidently see James talking to Lance for a moment before his ears hear footsteps towards them making eye contact with me.

"Hey, I can't believe that you didn't invite me to the sleepover," James pouted cutely.

I chuckled before placing my things on the desk to speak. "Julian was the host, not me; blame it on my nephew," I joked lightly, "Why are you here anyway?" I questioned him.

James suddenly smiled happily, "I got coupons to a dessert restaurant for free food," He said sassily.

I scoffed, "And" I waited for his response.

"And~ maybe me, Lance, you and Luke should come along t-" "We broke up," I cut him off with a fake smile.

.

.

.

Observing not just James's face (but also Lance's) as they held a confusing expression which led them to stare at me for a while longer. "But I still can go, just the 'three' of us," I added (emphasising 'three') before walking towards the staff kitchen near the office.

"Wait, what,?!" Both Lance and James exclaimed to me, whilst their footsteps followed me.

Arriving at the small kitchen, I opened one of the top cabinets to hold my usual mug and locate it on the kitchen bench before closing it. "I know that you heard me," I said cheerfully when clearly - I wasn't.

"But why? I thought the ship was sailing smoothly,?" James said disappointed.

Opening the fridge to grab the carton of milk, I also grabbed those 'Neska' taro packets - making sure to shut the fridge, but did all of that before I answered.

"Well, your ship just sank," responding without looking at them.

Ripping the packet open, I placed the powder inside the mug; throwing it in the small bin that was hidden in the cabinets below before unscrewing the milk carton - pouring the milk little by little.

"What was the reason anyway, for the breakup?" I asked.

Sliding to the left once, I glide a cabinet forward to see shiny and clean utensils. Fortunately, I needed the teaspoon and held it in my hands before shoving it back and then sliding myself towards them as I mixed the power and the milk again.