Chapter 23: I Can't Love You Anymore

WAA~! WAA~!

I sat on my bed, crying my tears off as Julian was next to me, comforting me by rubbing my back slightly.

"It's okay," Julian mumbled with such a bored tone.

"You don't sound comforting," I mumbled back to him before I continued to cry.

"My existence is just comforting," Julian stated, earning himself a slap on the back of the head.

"You know what happens to a vain boy that exceeds his limit?" I questioned him.

"No, what?" He questions innocently.

"Keep saying things like that in a sarcastic tone, and I'll make sure you'll find out," I talk back before crying.

FLASHBACK

"What?" was the word that got out of my mouth.

Luke gulped one more time before he repeated his statement.

"I love you," He said more confidently.

However, before I could say anything, a loud voice boomed in our direction.

"Jade, Luke; what are you doing here?"

Turning my head to the same direction, I there saw Amanda, who was rushing towards our direction.

"I wanted to send some more time with Jade," Luke smiled.

Amanda stopped in front of us - seeing her scanning me up and down before smiling at me wickedly.

"Well I'm afraid that you must cancel your extra plans today," Amanda stated, wrapping her arms around his left arm. "You~ are coming with me for a reservation dinner," Amanda added.

Luke's smile faltered but held in place. "Okay, just let me talk to Jade privately" Luke requested, placing a kiss on her cheek that made her giggle with glee.

I felt jealousy boiling through me; but what can expect, I needed to move on and bury my feelings for Luke deep within myself.

So when Amanda walked away for Luke to talk to me, he stared at me with this particular emotion that I couldn't depict.

"I.." Was he able to say, as he couldn't find words to match what he felt? During this time, I opened my mouth to say something. "I love you too, but you made your choice."

Luke's facial expression faded with a frown while I gave a pity smile. "Plus, I don't want to keep getting hurt by you anymore."

And with that, I turned my body around and left him standing there with Amanda.