Chapter 8: The Sick

I laid in my comfy bed, coughing loudly before talking again through the phone.

"Sorry, but I don't think I can go to your house, sorry sis,"

"Aww~ why not? Are you sick?"

"Umm yeah"

I coughed.

"Sorry again,"

I hear Penelope sighing

"You know Julian was looking forward to your visit"

I smiled weakly

"Yes, I know and I'm sorry again. Tell him I'll make it up to him"

"Of course"

"..."

"..."

We both didn't end the call as the two of us waited for one person to speak, but that didn't work- leading us to pick up nothing from each end. But a few moments later, I coughed.

"I guess I will hang up now, you don't sound too well,"

"I'll be fine once I get better"

"Yeah, once I help you get better. I'm coming to your apartment,"

I groaned.

"I told you I will be fine"

"NO, YOU WILL NOT"

"Mother, who are you yelling at?"

I overhear my nephew in the background whilst feeling my sister's anger radiating off my phone.

"I will not stand by and be more worried about my sister that is sick,"

"Mother, who are you speaking too?"

"We are going to visit your aunt, she's sick and we need to take care of her"

"YAY! We are visiting aunty"

"Uh, hello?"

"I'm going to hang up now - and we're coming as quickly as possible"

Before I could say anything, a beeping sound (through the other side of the line) caused me to sigh.

"She hung up," I thought before placing my phone on my desk bed.

"I guess I need to wait," I told myself, laying in my bed -waiting patiently for them.

But as the seconds went on, I already felt imprisoned in my apartment. The seconds that passed felt like minutes, then hours that even felt like days and then weeks...but you know, that's just me being dramatic. Moreover, that silent thought stopped when I heard my phone vibrating on the bed desk.