3 ♢ No Good

Oliver woke up abruptly as a hand suddenly touched his knee

Oliver woke up abruptly as a hand suddenly touched his knee. He shot up and looked around, only to realise he was still at Charlie's place. They must have fallen asleep during the third movie they put on. Charlie eyes were still shut so his hand probably fell on Oliver's knee by accident. Oliver lazily reached out to his phone and groaned softly when he saw it was four AM.

He had to finish his work. His father would not be impressed if he didn't. He slowly pulled himself up out of the comfortable position he was in. As he walked past Charlie to sit down on another seat, he suddenly paused to study him. He was in a deep slumber and his mouth was slightly open. Oliver unconsciously reached down to touch his cheek. As his hand landed on Charlie's face, he mentally asked himself what he was doing. He quickly retracted his hand but that didn't stop him from continuing to study Charlie.

Eventually Oliver stopped staring at him, after realising how creepy it was but he still couldn't get Charlie out of his mind. Even as he plunged himself into another email and gulped a beer in preparation for a sleepless night, Oliver couldn't stop thinking about Charlie.

The boy looked too perfect to just erase from his mind.

♢ ♢ ♢

  "Oliver? Oliver, wake up."

  Oliver's eyes shot open and he found Charlie staring at him with a cup of coffee in his hand.

  "Why are you asleep on the kitchen table?"

  Oliver straightened his back and cursed under his breath when he realised he had fallen asleep while working.

  "Shit. What time is it?"

  "Uh.. ten?"

  Oliver shot up out of his seat. "I'm late for work! Shit!"

Oliver grabbed Charlie's mug off of him and chugged down the remainder of his coffee, much to his disdain.

"Hey!"

Oliver winced. "I'm so exhausted. My head is about to explode. Charlie, give me an upper."

  "A what?"

  "Just a small bag or pill to keep me going throughout the day."

  Charlie raised an eyebrow at him. "No," He said as if his answer was obvious.

  Oliver rose out of his seat indignantly. "What?"

  "Obviously not! I told you I'm not comfortable selling to you. And secondly, you overdosed yesterday so why the hell would I give you more drugs?"

"Because you're a dealer?"

"So, that's why you're here? Not as a friend but as a customer?"

"I never said that!" Oliver rolled his eyes, making him even more furious.