♢ PROLOGUE ♢

Slightly mature content ahead? Idk, read at your own risk lol. ALSO, DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ GILDED BUTTERFLIES OR THE KING OF METROPOLIS! IT WILL SPOIL THEM FOR YOU!!!!

ALSO If this book is found on any other website apart from Wattpad then it is plagiarised. You may be exposing yourself to malware and viruses on the website you are on so please make sure you read my book on Wattpad instead where it is available for free.

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!

  "Let's go home. Before you embarrass us even more."

"I'm not enjoying this judgement Nora. I'm just having a bit of fun. Stop being so uptight."

Oliver glared at his girlfriend who was being a huge pain in the ass. She was so controlling. It was like she was intentionally trying to ruin his fun and he couldn't take it any more. All he wanted to do was enjoy the night with friends.

"Don't ever call me uptight! I'm helping you! You have work tomorrow! You shouldn't be getting high!"

  Nora had been bringing him down ever since they got to the party and complaining about every little thing he did. A bump of cocaine was normal at a college party so Oliver didn't get why she was so angry and shocked. The thing about Nora was that she was too sensible. In high school she was wild but, now, five years later, she was just too reserved and... judgemental.

Maybe she just needed some of the magic dust herself. He tried to place the bag in her hand but she threw it back at him. It hit his chest with a thud, exploding into a cloud of powder. Oliver cursed and dusted his shirt off. She was so selfish. And Oliver was sick of it.

  "Fine, whatever. Do whatever the fuck you want. I'm staying and having fun. Jeez, Nora, could you just act like a normal twenty three year old? Get off your high horse."

  Before she could fit in another word, Oliver marched away. He couldn't handle anymore of her nagging. It was driving him insane. It was like she thought she was better than him or something.

To think that mere hours ago he had been on the phone with her mother asking her for her blessing to marry her daughter. He was meant to propose the previous month but they had a huge argument. This time, he actually asked her mother. Frankly, he only asked her to stop himself from chickening out. It wasn't that he didn't want to marry Nora. They went perfectly together. He loved her and couldn't imagine a future without her. They had been together for five years and they were both so in love with each other. But sometimes Oliver just wished that she would let him live a little.

"Yo, Oliver. I just saw Nora storm out of here! What happened!?" Ivan guffawed into his ear.

Ivan and Oliver met in high school. Ivan was a freshman when Oliver was a senior. But they didn't actually begin to hang out until Ivan interned at Scott Corp. Although Ivan was three years his junior, they got along like wild fire. Ivan threw the wildest ragers and Oliver always made sure to make an appearance at them.