2 ♢ Privilege

Plz make sure you read the author's note at the end ;)

Oliver's eyes flickered open before quickly clamping shut as the fluorescent light overhead stung his eyes

He slowly sat up trying to make sense of his surroundings. He was in a hospital. He could tell from the white walls surrounding him as well as the IV connected to his arm. There was a hand clasped around his. He traced it up to find Charlie, who was fast asleep. His hand was warm and soft and Oliver really didn't mind it being there. Charlie's head was leaned against the bed and a string of drool trailed from his mouth to the cotton bedsheet.

He slowly took the IV out of his arm and sat up properly. The sudden movement woke Charlie up.

"Why am I in the hospital?" Oliver rasped.

  Charlie slowly stretched. "Oh good. You're awake."

"Yeah but my head is killing me."

"No surprise there." Charlie dryly said before standing up and dusting himself off. "I can't believe how reckless you were yesterday. I thought you were dead!"

  "I only passed out-"

  "After OD-ing! The alcohol amplified the xanax you took."

  "Oh....bummer." Oliver swung his legs off the bed, ignoring the throbbing pain all over his body. He felt nauseous and tired and ready to go home. "I'm okay now!"

  "The doctors want to keep you here for a few days. I think a therapist is coming later to speak to you."

  Oliver smirked. "No thank you."

  "Oliver-"

  "I shouldn't even be here. My father knows the president of this hospital-"

  "You don't even know which hospital we're in!"

  Oliver chuckled, staggering to the opposite end of the room to grab his clothes. "He knows all of them. If he finds out what happened, he'll kill me. So I need to get out of here. Did you give them my details?"

  "Just your name and age..."

  "Good. Now come here and help me. I can barely stand straight."

   Charlie nervously gnawed on his bottom lip. "I really think you should stay..."

  Oliver whipped his head around to face Charlie in irritation. "I don't care what you think! Just help me get out of here before anyone recognises me."

  Charlie huffed but relented, letting Oliver lean on him as he slipped on his sneakers. He stumbled but thankfully Charlie's arm shot out just in time to stop him from falling, tightly curling around his torso.

"Thanks," Oliver muttered, almost inaudibly.

"Whatever..."

♢ ♢ ♢